Picture of Helen Bailey
Spoor and suspend data to LMS
by Helen Bailey - Friday, 7 October 2016, 1:56 PM

Hi guys I'm having REAL trouble with scorm packages and Moodle, and I am hoping there's a guru out there who can help me.

My experience is similar to this thread (2009!) - https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=125420 - When we have some users who all it saves in the LMS is the user's incomplete status and a line of suspend data. They then finish the course and pass the assessment with flying colours, but we don't get a register of their completion or their score :(

Element

Value

cmi.core.lesson_status incomplete
cmi.suspend_dataHelp with Suspend data

ce976825-84cb-11e6-9122-bc764e0902e0

So in the thread it suggests either network glitches (which I guess we can't help) or the scorm ID, which I don't *think* is the issue.

Then there is the SPOOR and Moodle settings I use, which I have attached, but this is for another course (the one we have the main problem with is an Elucidat package brought in from outside - I can post any contents of the package if necessary).

Can anyone spot anything obvious, or have they had the same issue?

Thanks in advance.

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Spoor and suspend data to LMS
by Helen Bailey - Thursday, 13 October 2016, 2:08 PM

OK so this was to do with a launcher that I was using, and in the launcher I had the option to relaunch the course if it had not worked correctly. If you did this when the course had already launched itself (but you didn't notice it in a new tab, and launched the course again with my link (which users were doing), then it tracked the first launch of the window not the new one).

A quick rewrite of the launcher page and *hopefully* that has fixed it.