Picture of Dan Storey
New components!
by Dan Storey - Thursday, 13 October 2016, 1:48 PM

Greetings all. I have been working in Adapt for about six months now and love it! In the process I have created a bunch of new components and extensions which I'd like to share with you!

You can view them in action in a demo course I created here: 

https://danielstorey.github.io/adapt-demo-course

I am still in the process of registering them in the Adapt Plugin Repository but you can still download them and copy to your src/components/ folder to use.

All plugins are available on my github profile :

https://github.com/danielstorey

I'd love to know what people think!

Dan :)

Picture of Oliver Foster
Re: New components!
by Oliver Foster - Thursday, 13 October 2016, 5:10 PM

Absolutely ****ing awesome.

Blinds and d&d have issues ob mobile as far as I can tell.

I'd like to get involved in the HTML component. Make that authoring tool compatible and allow the templates to go in the json rather than having to put them in the theme.

Thanks for sharing. Lots of good additions.

If you want to get rid of a few to let other's maintain them, just ask.

Ollie.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 14 October 2016, 3:21 PM

Wow - some great stuff on there, thanks for sharing!

You may have spotted this already, but the 'blinds' component has some issues on Firefox...:

screenshot of the blinds component on Firefox

Finally, it would be very useful to people if you could state in the README for each plugin what browsers you know the component does/doesn't work on. A lot of us are still in the unfortunate to support IE8/9/10 so it really helps to know if a plugin is going to work on those most excellent of browsers or not ;-)

Picture of Brian Quinn
by Brian Quinn - Friday, 14 October 2016, 4:15 PM

Hi Dan,

Great job!  Those plugins look really great.  It would be great to get a properties.schema file in there for compatibility with the authoring tool too.

Brian

Picture of Dan Storey
by Dan Storey - Friday, 14 October 2016, 5:01 PM

Thanks guys,

Blinds is now fixed on Firefox! If you spot anything else please log an issue on github so I can track everything and help make these components as good as they can be. I'll definitely add properties.schema to all of them soon and good shout re compatibility.

I'm fortunate enough to work for a company that doesn't worry about supporting IE but obviously now I'm making these plugins available to the community I will endeavour to make them as compatible and accessible as possible!

Picture of Sandro Franco
by Sandro Franco - Friday, 14 October 2016, 10:28 PM

Outstanding work!! Well done!!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 17 October 2016, 11:40 AM

Yep, blinds working well for me now in Firefox.

FYI it's a sort of convention with the .json that any property that shouldn't be translated (or is just a container object/array) gets prefixed with an underscore - and any property that should be translated doesn't get prefixed.

Picture of Dan Storey
by Dan Storey - Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 7:44 PM

Thanks Matt - that's really useful to know. I will modify the documentation and examples accordingly.

Picture of Pippo De Paperis
by Pippo De Paperis - Saturday, 15 October 2016, 5:03 PM

Wow! These components are great! I'd be awesome to see them supported in the authoring tool.

I really really like all of them. In particular, the list and the drag&drop ones are really useful.

Picture of Dan Storey
by Dan Storey - Tuesday, 18 October 2016, 7:46 PM

Cheers Pippo,

Making them all available in the authoring tool is definitely my next project before creating any more plugins!

Picture of Sarah Fahlesson
by Sarah Fahlesson - Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:56 AM

Hello Dan,

Have you had a chance to get the properties.schema file for the Blinds plugin completed?

Picture of Dan Storey
by Dan Storey - Sunday, 2 April 2017, 2:59 PM

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your interest in using the component. I have now provided a properties.schema file as requested.

Picture of Mustafa Yetim
by Mustafa Yetim - Sunday, 2 April 2017, 12:02 PM

Hi,

i liked your draganddrop-component.

I'm trying using it with authoring tool. When i start the preview i'm getting following error in the browser console:

'draganddrop component not found. Is it installed and included?'

and preview does not start.

Any ideas for this?

Thanks.

Picture of Dan Storey
by Dan Storey - Sunday, 2 April 2017, 12:44 PM

This version is no longer supported due to existing components with the same name.

See https://github.com/danielstorey/adapt-dragndrop instead

Picture of Mustafa Yetim
by Mustafa Yetim - Sunday, 2 April 2017, 7:59 PM

Great!

Works fine. Thank you.

Picture of Kristin Anthony
by Kristin Anthony - Saturday, 15 October 2016, 8:47 PM

These are awesome!!! I'm particularly impressed with the blinds component. That's really cool.

me
by Sven Laux - Thursday, 20 October 2016, 10:38 AM

Hi Dan,

I just wanted to say how massively impressed I am by the work you've done and how you're showcasing it. A huge thank you on behalf of the Adapt project!

Would you be interested in becoming part of the core team? (I'll message you separately about this)

Sven

Picture of Sean Slingsby
by Sean Slingsby - Friday, 28 October 2016, 1:02 PM

Hi there Dan

Very nice components! Thanks for these.

Just thought I'd share as I tried the stacklist component and found it was hanging on our iPad (Safari). It seems to be because of line 31 of adapt-stacklist.js:

$el.offset(offset).hide();

I'm not too conversant with the quirks of iOS/jQuery but swapping this for two statements made it work on iOS. i.e. $el.offset(offset); and $el.hide(); albeit without the animation.

Cheers,

Sean

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 21 November 2016, 11:55 AM

I'd just like to echo the thoughts that these are bleeding awesome! 

I have added your repos to the Authoring Tool compatibility list today (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XDPyohslGe3bFrLo4U_Rr-muIzRVojnShYmmEKqOqnQ/edit#gid=0) I hope that's OK.

Great work and I hope to see more! PS Do join Sven's core team!

Picture of Dan Storey
by Dan Storey - Monday, 21 November 2016, 2:27 PM

Thanks Helen!

Gonna chat to Sven this week :)

Picture of Fabio Beoni
by Fabio Beoni - Wednesday, 25 January 2017, 10:39 AM

Hi Dan,

I'm writing you because I'm having some issues in registering my plugins to the adapt portal, and I would appreciate if you can tell me if you had any problem in registering yours.

When I run the adapt CLI command "register", I get an "Invalid URL format" error as reported to Github project https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-cli/issues/58.

Thank you, F.

Picture of Dan Storey
by Dan Storey - Thursday, 2 February 2017, 3:20 PM

Hi Fabio,

The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is have you got a .bowerrc file in your component folder?

Other than that I'm not really able to say without seeing your component structure. Is it on GitHub? Maybe I could then take a look and see if I can spot anything. I never had any of these issues myself.

Picture of D Broom
by D Broom - Friday, 3 February 2017, 2:39 PM

Hi Dan.

Was really good to see what Adapt can do at the meetup on Tuesday.  I have had a similar issue that you are having with getting the things to flip in IE.  I also needed to flip some cards around and found that using the technique on this page works for most browsers including IE:

http://callmenick.com/post/css-transitions-transforms-animations-flipping-card

I don't have the knowledge to try and put this into your code you have supplied at the moment but I'm working to get there.

You have created a really great selection of components.

Picture of xiaofei  shi
by xiaofei shi - Wednesday, 15 February 2017, 9:38 AM

Hi Dan, 

Fantastic components!! top work. 

Do you know when they will be available for us to use in the Adapt? That will be amazing to try these new components. Seriously, they are so good! 

With Many Thanks

xiaofei