Picture of Mike Stevens
Spoor timer total time extension
by Mike Stevens - Thursday, 20 October 2016, 1:29 PM

We were looking for someone to build out a fork of spoor by adapt to also track cmi.core.total_time and lock out the assessment on a separate page until a total time has reached a pre-determined time. Currently adapt spoor doesn't track total time accurately.

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-spoor

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Spoor timer total time extension
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 20 October 2016, 3:00 PM

When you say it 'doesn't track total time accurately', how do you mean?

Currently it logs the time when it connects to the SCORM API - then does so again when the course is closed. The difference between the two is stored in cmi.core.session_time.

It is the Learning Management's System's responsibility to update cmi.core.total_time with this information.

It all seems accurate to me whenever I have tested it.

If you're using SCORM 2004, there was a bug in the code that generates the SCORM 2004 time format but that's been fixed now, see issue #1222

Picture of Mike Stevens
Re: Spoor timer total time extension
by Mike Stevens - Monday, 24 October 2016, 1:34 PM

Hello Matt

Sorry about that, I didn't mean that it doesn't work properly. It currently tracks total time when you get into a course and exit (cmi.core.session_time). I am trying to create a spoor extension that tracks session time, and if the total time is 2 hours or more then the assessment page is unlocked, which can be done by changing the class name to not include "locked". Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,