Picture of Lis Kelså
Installation impossible
by Lis Kelså - Monday, 24 October 2016, 8:24 AM

Hi
I  tried to install this beautiful program. But I got lost after installing vagrant and virtual box. Mission impossible What do I do?
Do I have to quit my attempts and by articulate storyline or is is posible to get help for installation.
Best regards from Lis 

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Installation impossible
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 24 October 2016, 9:17 AM

Never give up! It is totally worth the effort and this community is so helpful and kind. 

Someone who knows about Vagrant install should help soon - in the meantime did you check out this page : https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Install-with-Vagrant ??

Helen

Picture of Lis Kelså
by Lis Kelså - Monday, 24 October 2016, 10:40 AM

Dear Helen - I have the idea that Adapt is much better than Articulate Storyline2. 
Do you know if I got that right?

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 24 October 2016, 10:43 AM

They are very different beasts Lis, you will find the method of adding content is much different and the style of course produced is also very different. Adapt is always a work in progress and is much more customisable than Storyline but you may find Storyline better for some things - it depends on your way of working.

But I would totally go for Adapt over Storyline these days.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 24 October 2016, 11:29 AM

Storyline is not really optimised for smartphone support; Adapt is.

Storyline requires that desktop users have Flash Player installed; Adapt only requires Flash Player for users of IE8 in courses that use video/audio.

Storyline is not open source & free to use; Adapt is.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 24 October 2016, 9:20 AM

If you could list what steps you've taken so far, where you got up to, what problems you were having and where you need help then I'm sure someone will try to help you.

As it is, we have no information at all to go on...

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Monday, 24 October 2016, 1:18 PM

Hi Lis,

It's definitely worth persevering, although as you're installing a server tool, it isn't likely to be as smooth an install as your standard offline desktop application like Storyline.

As Matt said, your original post was a bit light on information -- please be as descriptive as possible in terms of where you've gone wrong/gotten lost.

Picture of Lis Kelså
by Lis Kelså - Monday, 24 October 2016, 4:51 PM

Hi, and thank you all.
I tried to do the installation two days ago ... I will asap try to describe what went wrong and write again.
I am sure that Adapt is worth all the efforts. 
So long from Lis in Denmark