Picture of Martin Sandberg
Sizing of media component
by Martin Sandberg - Tuesday, 4 March 2014, 9:58 AM

Hi,

I might have missed this but I can not find any information about how to set the size of the media component in the json.

My problem is that I have a "set" of 4 movies that have a different size than the default. These 4 are all in the same block, two left and two right.  This looks good when the page is loaded but when a movie is started the media component gets resized (height is increased) and all movie components get shifted around on the page.

So is there a way to set the size of each moviecomponent individually in the json or  do we do that in css?

BR,

Martin

Picture of Adam Laird
Re: Sizing of media component
by Adam Laird - Tuesday, 4 March 2014, 10:44 AM

would a 'blank' 'full' component in between the two sets help?

by Martin Sandberg - Wednesday, 5 March 2014, 2:59 PM

That is a good idea but does not work unfortunately.

A 'text' 'full' component with   as title and body works, sort of...

The problem this shows is that when movie number 1 (upper left) is started and gets increased height the 'full' component is no longer 'full' but is shown as if it was 'right' instead.

Hope this is clear enough...

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Thursday, 6 March 2014, 8:56 AM

Hey Martin,

Could you put an issue on the github account for the media component please? Can you include all the details you mention above and the size (width and height) of the videos you are using. This might be fixed by adding a poster image - This is something that we need to implement.

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-media/issues?state=open

Thanks,

Daryl

by Martin Sandberg - Thursday, 6 March 2014, 10:30 AM

Hi Daryl,

A poster image would probably solve it.

The videos were created for a different tool and I am just converting the content to an Adapt course.

These four movies are 800 * 538 (width and height).

Best regards,

Martin

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Thursday, 13 March 2014, 3:33 PM

Hey Martin,

Just a heads up that the poster image has been added into the develop branch of the media component. Please be careful when using this branch as it needs the develop branch of the theme.

Thanks,

Daryl