Picture of Robert Willis
Change navigation menu?
by Robert Willis - Friday, 4 November 2016, 2:28 PM

I need to change the navigation menu from 3 dot-dash lines to just three lines. It appears to be using a google font? Is there a way I can change it?

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Change navigation menu?
by Chuck Lorenz - Saturday, 5 November 2016, 12:36 PM

The technique for changing the icon will be similar to what was discussed in this post: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1713

You'll need to track down the .hbs template that governs the region in question. Plug-ins like adapt-contrib-accordion supply their own templates. However, some parts of the framework are "built-in". Look for more templates in src/core/templates. There you'll find navigation.hbs

Templates found within the theme will override core/templates, so always look for an overriding template there. In adapt-contrib-vanilla, you'll find them in the templates directory.

Vanilla uses the Open Sans font pulled from Google. Find that instruction in less/font.less. But it doesn't include anything that Vanilla is using as an icon. Without more information from you, I'd be sending you back to the fonts directory and less/src/icons.less as in the other post.

Picture of Robert Willis
Re: Change navigation menu?
by Robert Willis - Monday, 7 November 2016, 3:53 PM

Thanks! I was able to change the icon from icon-list to icon-menu, which was what I needed.