Picture of Mark Siegrist
Cannot Preview First Course
by Mark Siegrist - Monday, 14 November 2016, 11:11 PM

I just installed the latest version of the Adapt Builder (first time trying Adapt!). I then created a course with one page, two articles, a component in each. When I click on the Preview button nothing happens.

So then I downloaded the course locally to my machine. I try opening the index.html file in a browser and it's stuck at loading. Error console shows:

Failed to load resource: The requested URL was not found on this server. file://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,300,700

Do I need to go into the vagrant box and manually install this font (though it occurs to me that I would think this was a web-only font and not normally retrieved via a local file?).

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Sincerely,

Mark

www.elearninglive.com

Picture of Mark Siegrist
Re: Cannot Preview First Course
by Mark Siegrist - Tuesday, 15 November 2016, 2:49 AM

Can confirm this is specific to Safari (latest version macOS). It's working fine on Chrome.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 15 November 2016, 10:08 AM

So then I downloaded the course locally to my machine. I try opening the index.html file in a browser and it's stuck at loading.

That's expected, web content really needs to be run from a web server. If you have index.html on your desktop and just double-click it to launch it that's 'running locally' and all sorts of things won't work. What exactly works and what doesn't varies enormously from browser-to-browser.

If you upload it to a web server or LMS it should work fine.

FYI did you mean to say Adapt Builder above? It's just that's the name for Learning Pool's version of the Adapt Authoring Tool. If you are having problems with that you need to get in touch with them.

Picture of Mark Siegrist
by Mark Siegrist - Tuesday, 15 November 2016, 2:15 PM

Yes, I meant Adapt Authoring Tool.

Working fine locally on Chrome so I'll stick with using that for initial preview.

Picture of aaron quinn
by aaron quinn - Tuesday, 20 December 2016, 1:51 AM

i just created my first sample course using safari and my preview did not work either. chrome gave me an alert saying that a popup was blocked.

hmmm,

i went back to safari and in security preferences, i unchecked "block popup windows"

the preview works just fine in safari now.