Picture of zee sliepen
how to reset SCORM data during testing
by zee sliepen - Thursday, 17 November 2016, 4:09 AM

Hi, I'm hoping someone can tell me how to reset the tracking/bookmarking data while I'm viewing my Adapt Framework course locally.

I've got the grunt scorm server running (so running it from http://localhost:9001/scorm_test_harness.html) and all the bookmarking seems to be working fine, but I'd like to know how to go back to the initial state so I can retest aspects of the bookmarking. eg. have the _isCourseComplete back to false.

I've tried changing some of the identifiers within the imsmanifest.xml file which hasn't made a difference.

Sorry if this is obvious I'm new to Adapt and SCORM. Love the framework though and really enjoying making my first course in it.

Picture of John Niezen
Re: how to reset SCORM data during testing
by John Niezen - Thursday, 17 November 2016, 7:39 AM

I hope you view it in FF? I yes , then it is just deleting the individual cookies in the privacy part in your options.

I most cases it is the top of the list and a folder icon without any description. If you select the folder, you should see the underlaying adapt structure.

Good luck

Picture of zee sliepen
by zee sliepen - Thursday, 17 November 2016, 8:32 AM

Ah thank you John. I had cleared cache but hadn't thought to clear cookies. That did it, much appreciated.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 17 November 2016, 9:49 AM

What John suggests in his answer works perfectly well, but you may find it easier to open the developer tools (F12), go to the console section and execute the code API.LMSClear();

Equally you could uncomment line 19 of required/offline_API_wrapper.js in the spoor extension to have a reset button added into the course page.

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Thursday, 17 November 2016, 12:06 PM

Aha, that is a need trick Matt.

Good to know. Have made a mental note to try this soon while finishing some of my modules.