Picture of Henrik Aabom
CMI status "In progress"
by Henrik Aabom - Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 11:03 AM

Hello everyone

How is it possible to set the Spoor extension to set CMI status in an LMS to "In progress" on a course?

I have an old course, created in the framework that sets the status to "In progress" as soon as I open the course. 

But I can't make it do the same in a course created in the Authoring tool. Is it possible?

Spoor in the old version is set to wait for both course completed and assessment passed before it sets CMI completion status to "passed". But this does not work when I try to set the same in Spoor on a new course build in the Authoring tool.

Any help would be great! :)

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: CMI status "In progress"
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 12:11 PM

Hi Henrik

There's no reason why any of this shouldn't work in the authoring tool, providing you're using recent versions of the framework & spoor extension and are configuring everything correctly.

Note that 'in progress' isn't a valid SCORM status, it's probably just what your LMS is showing you when the course is set to 'incomplete'.

The spoor extension, if enabled, will always try to set the 'lesson status' to "incomplete" when the course is first launched.

Picture of Henrik Aabom
by Henrik Aabom - Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 1:07 PM

Ok, thanks Matt :)

But how do I set Spoor to record "incomplete" when the course starts?

Right now, if I try to run the course it sets the "lesson status" to "failed", not "incomplete".

In Spoor the settings look like this:

Reporting:

Assessment failure status: incomplete

Tracking success status: passed

Am I doing something wrong here? I feel I'm missing something I don't understand.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 29 November 2016, 1:45 PM

But how do I set Spoor to record "incomplete" when the course starts?

You don't have to do anything, it does this by default.

Right now, if I try to run the course it sets the "lesson status" to "failed", not "incomplete".

Then this is the source of your problem, something in your course is triggering a 'failed' status. I would suggest running the course with the SCORM debugger enabled so that you can see what it is doing and when.