Picture of Christoffer Bengt
SCORM export not working in Moodle Mobile App
by Christoffer Bengt - Thursday, 8 December 2016, 1:34 PM

As it is now, an exported SCORM from adapt works just fine on moodle both on desktop and mobile (with some modification on the moodle side). However, If I try to open the Adapt SCORM through the Moodle Mobile App on an iOS device it does not work properly. I have been directly in contact with moodle about this problem.

As I'm not that technical, I will just paste the response from one of the moodle developer here. I hope this is something you can fix!

"We found some time to check this and what we noticed is that this SCORM is not working correctly when is played inside an iframe because it contains some javascript that does some bad calculations related to scroll positioning (only in iOS when the content is inside an iframe).

If you play this SCORM in Moodle using default settings (not launching the SCORM in a new window) you will see the same effect in Safari or Chrome in iOS (I think that this is what you mentioned initially when you said that you removed the iframe).

So basically, what is happening in the app is the same that is happening in Moodle when you have the SCORM inside an iframe.
You should contact the Adapt people so they fix this issue that is happening in iOS Safari and Chrome when the package is inside an iframe (as we said before we suspect is because the scroll positioning is calculated incorrectly)."

Thank you!

//Christoffer

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: SCORM export not working in Moodle Mobile App
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 8 December 2016, 2:49 PM

Hi Christopher

It's a shame that they aren't more specific about what exactly they mean by 'javascript that does some bad calculations related to scroll positioning'.

It's our opinion that it's not Adapt that is at fault here but Safari for iOS. If you are interested you can find out more detail in this thread.

(Please note that Chrome for iOS is using the same rendering engine - Webkit - that Safari uses. Apple do not allow any other rendering engine to be used on iOS so both Firefox and Chrome for iOS are effectively just Safari with a different interface).

Picture of Nathan Mcilree
by Nathan Mcilree - Thursday, 8 December 2016, 3:30 PM

There are also issues with footer items rendered in IE with Adapt content made from Learning Pool's  software when being rendered from MOODLE.

In order to resolve this I had to implement a none standard change in MOODLE SCORM Player to render Adapt content in a new window rather than popup.

Picture of Christoffer Bengt
by Christoffer Bengt - Monday, 12 December 2016, 1:31 PM

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply. I have directed the moodle developer to your reponse here, so hopefully they can elaborate.

It would be fantastic to have a solution to this issue! We love adapt and simply want creations from there to be accessible through all modalities!

//Christoffer