Picture of Divya Sharma
Installation
by Divya Sharma - Monday, 12 December 2016, 12:04 PM

Hi Team,

I recently got to know about the wonderful features of Adapt to create brilliant eLearning courses hence tried installing the framework but failed. All the plugins are installed like Git, Node.js but it does not show me interface to create course. I am using Windows PC 64 bit and have tried running commands to install adapt and grunt.

Please share your technical support contact details to share more details.

Thanks

Divya

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Installation
by John Niezen - Monday, 12 December 2016, 12:49 PM

Hello Divya,

What interface are you thinking to see? The commands I see in your terminal are Framework.

It seems you are referring to the Authoring tool, and then your installation is not completed yet.

Look here https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Installing-the-Authoring-Tool for more details.

Picture of Jeet Dums
by Jeet Dums - Thursday, 15 December 2016, 4:40 AM

hey Matt Leathes  did you mean if want to use adapt framework we must have to install authoring tool right? yes have try that one also but when i install vigrant setup and virtual box after do that when i fire vigrant up command it will also return me an error,so what i have to do now can you tell me here please?

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Thursday, 15 December 2016, 7:59 AM

Hi Jeet,

I do not think that is what Matt means. It is either one or the other.

Framework allows you to work more from the cmd line and any preferred editor, while the AT is based on Framework but has a kind of GUI to create the content and a Preview option.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 12 December 2016, 3:12 PM

It looks like the installation of the Adapt CLI has not worked - maybe try $ npm install adapt-cli -g again?

Picture of Divya Sharma
by Divya Sharma - Tuesday, 13 December 2016, 5:32 AM

Tried this command again but still not working. Attached screen grab of the error.

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 13 December 2016, 7:15 AM

Hi Divya,

The "$" sign should not be in there, that is a Unix/Linux prompt.

Try again without.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 13 December 2016, 9:50 AM

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19986306/what-does-the-mean-when-running-commands

Picture of Divya Sharma
by Divya Sharma - Wednesday, 14 December 2016, 5:37 AM

The command throws an error. Refer screen shot please. Can someone please advise what could be wrong here as I have all prerequisites installed required for Adapt Framework.

Thanks

Divya

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 14 December 2016, 10:00 AM

Could be the version of Node you are running (v7.2.0 from what it says in the above screenshot).

As it says on the node website, the LTS version is what's 'recommended for most users' so this is what you should use unless you absolutely need latest & greatest features. It's also what we test Adapt against.

Try switching to Node v6.9.2 and see if that works.