Software Development Manager
Re: Adapt SCORM on Moodle/Totara
by Charles Teague - Wednesday, 25 June 2014, 3:16 PM

In my case, most of the people who use the modules that I deploy use computers (around 10,000 people).  A few hundred want to use their mobile devices.  So, I want to avoid the pop up on personnel computers.  It appears that the frame on the personnel computers that I have tested works in that I can use the adapt module with an extra scroll bar.  But the frame on the mobile devices does not work.  Perhaps this is an error with the LMS systems that I tested.  Because it may be awhile before the LMS's correct their error, I created a possible work-around that I believe will only open a new window when necessary.

I updated the launch.html file that you created such that it will only open a new window when the resolution is smaller than 1024 wide or 768 high; I also changed the location of the link to click for opening a new window, so that it is viewable on small screens.  This allows the module to open in the frame on personnel computers (where it works), and open a new window on mobile devices.  This worked for all cases that I tested (ipad 1, iphone 3, and ipad 5, and windows).

Let me know if you try this and it does not work on some device.