Picture of Steven W
Narrative component appears out of order
by Steven W - Friday, 23 December 2016, 5:55 PM

Hi everyone,

I've run into an issue that I'd like your help with. We are using the Framework and have a graphic component before a narrative component in the json. When viewing the page, the narrative component appears before the json both visually and in the component inspector. Any idea what can cause this?

I have attached a screen shot of the Chrome Inspector with the block that contains these 2 components. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
Re: Narrative component appears out of order
by Chuck Lorenz - Saturday, 24 December 2016, 5:03 AM

HI Steven,

Thank you for including the screen shot.  The two component divs have classes that are created in componentView.js.  The Narrative has a class for "component-full", and the Graphic has one for "component-spanned".  These classes are concatenated using the value of "_layout". But "spanned" is not one of valid options for "_layout": "full", "left", "right". Is it possible that your component json for the Graphic includes "_layout": "spanned"? If so, test with a valid value to see if you get the results you are looking for. Hope so!

Picture of Steven W
Re: Narrative component appears out of order
by Steven W - Saturday, 24 December 2016, 5:56 AM

Thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the json next week and let you know how it goes.