Picture of Christian Lee
can't preview in browser
by Christian Lee - Friday, 6 January 2017, 10:07 PM

Hello, I'm trying out changes to the less (font colors) .I download and extract the zip. But when I try to preview the course in a browser. I just get a bar in top left corner. Or how else can I preview any changes?

Thanks

Chris 

Picture of Christian Lee
Re: can't preview in browser
by Christian Lee - Saturday, 7 January 2017, 9:11 AM

problem mostly resolved!

I have the scorm component running. Would that stop me from running (previewing) in a browser?

I now understand I have to edit the theme. So for my workflow I need to know what works style wise before applying the theme.

The quickest way I've found to preview (look at) any changes is to view in a browser F12, locate the item to be changed and apply there.

Any better solutions?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 9 January 2017, 9:57 AM

When you say 'preview the course in a browser', are you by any chance just double-clicking index.html? As a general rule, that won't work - web content should always be run from a web server so as not to fall foul of the browser's local security restrictions.

If you need your PC/Mac to be able to act as a web server there are plenty of options for doing so - Browsersync, Fenix, WAMP and MAMP are just a few examples.

Picture of Christian Lee
by Christian Lee - Tuesday, 10 January 2017, 10:11 PM

Matt, yes I was (guilty as charged) Thanks for the options though will try those out.

Regards

Chris