Picture of Ambrose Cole
Spoor plugin breaking preview and download on authoring tool
by Ambrose Cole - Wednesday, 1 February 2017, 8:49 PM

Hi, I'm a newbie to the adapt framework and tool but I've successfully downloaded and installed the authoring tool manually and it happily boots and I can access it from the browser.  The problem comes when I try to download or preview.  At first all was good and I previewed a few simple test pages but then I wanted to see how the scorm download looked.  After working out that I needed to activate the plugin for the course I tried both the preview and download buttons and I get the dreaded cross and error message saying oops something went wrong.  Everything looks to be installed but it just fails. 

Any help would be great.

This is on the terminal:

Fatal error: Error: Module loading did not complete for: core/js/app, plugins, extensions/adapt-contrib-spoor/js/adapt-contrib-spoor, core/js/adapt, extensions/adapt-contrib-spoor/js/adapt-stateful-session, extensions/adapt-contrib-spoor/js/serializers/default, extensions/adapt-contrib-spoor/js/serializers/questions, extensions/adapt-contrib-spoor/js/adapt-offlineStorage-scorm, core/js/offlineStorage
The following modules share the same URL. This could be a misconfiguration if that URL only has one anonymous module in it:
/adapt_authoring/adapt_authoring/temp/589227eb19da08f006add917/adapt_framework/src/core/js/adapt.js: core/js/adapt, coreJS/adapt
/adapt_authoring/adapt_authoring/temp/589227eb19da08f006add917/adapt_framework/src/core/js/offlineStorage.js: core/js/offlineStorage, coreJS/offlineStorage
    at Function.build.checkForErrors (/adapt_authoring/adapt_authoring/temp/589227eb19da08f006add917/adapt_framework/node_modules/requirejs/bin/r.js:27411:19)

Picture of Ambrose Cole
Re: Spoor plugin breaking preview and download on authoring tool
by Ambrose Cole - Sunday, 5 February 2017, 2:15 PM

I've now removed the temp files which appeared to be the problem of the last error. I tried to republish and I get new errors. Initially I'm asked for grunt-casper-js which I've installed. After doing this I now get the following error: grunt server-build:prod --outputdir=courses/58972eeea4988b93dabca2c2/58972f9fd94aeae1da19d770/build --theme=adapt-contrib-vanilla --menu=adapt-contrib-boxMenu error: [05 Feb 2017 14:10:30 +00:00] exec error: Error: Command failed: /bin/sh -c grunt server-build:prod --outputdir=courses/58972eeea4988b93dabca2c2/58972f9fd94aeae1da19d770/build --theme=adapt-contrib-vanilla --menu=adapt-contrib-boxMenu error: [05 Feb 2017 14:10:30 +00:00] stdout error: Warning: Task "server-build:prod" not found. Use --force to continue. Aborted due to warnings. error: [05 Feb 2017 14:10:30 +00:00] Error: Command failed: /bin/sh -c grunt server-build:prod --outputdir=courses/58972eeea4988b93dabca2c2/58972f9fd94aeae1da19d770/build --theme=adapt-contrib-vanilla --menu=adapt-contrib-boxMenu error: [05 Feb 2017 14:10:30 +00:00] Unable to publish This is all built on a Mac
Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Sunday, 5 February 2017, 3:18 PM

Hi Ambrose, 

Which files did you remove? 'temp' is a bit of a misnomer really, there are various bits in there that are required for the tool to function.

Did you try disabling spoor after the initial error to see if that fixed the problem (or rather to check that spoor was the root of the problem)?

Picture of Ambrose Cole
by Ambrose Cole - Monday, 6 February 2017, 9:29 PM

Oh I see, I thought it was a temp folder made during the course build.  It does indeed break things when I delete it.  Done a few reinstalls following all the instructions.  I've used nvm to make sure I'm using 4.2.  I also installed the grunt-capserjs module just in case and missed the --production to see if that helped.  I always get the same problem.  All working but when I use the spoor extension I get the error that I showed initially about sharing the same URL.  When I remove it everything works again.   

Picture of Ambrose Cole
by Ambrose Cole - Monday, 6 February 2017, 9:53 PM

I've just done an update with 'node upgrade.js' and that seems to fix the problem.  I'd not spotted the message when I'd ran node server.  The install loaded tool0.2.2 and framework2.0.7.  I'm now using 0.3.0 and 2.0.16.  All seems better.  

Until I break something else :-)

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 4:30 PM

Very odd. Must have been a compatibility issue with that version of the framework. 

Glad you got things sorted though!

Picture of Paul Arrighi
by Paul Arrighi - Friday, 24 March 2017, 1:20 AM

Hi Ambrose

Im more of a newbie than you are.  I have run into the same problem. If I build a simple Adapt course with the authoring tool, it previews perfectly well.  However if I add the Spoor extension I cannot preview and get the Red cross error.

How exactly did you fix the problem by running node upgrade.js?  Was this command run in the terminal window session that you enter mongod to begin an Adapt session? Or, do you run the command in a terminal window session where the node server command is subsequently run? (I think the latter but don't want to screw up hours of work setting this all up)

Thanks in Advance!

Picture of Khari Kambon
by Khari Kambon - Wednesday, 5 April 2017, 10:57 PM

I'm having this same problem. I tried the node upgrade.js command ,but it doesn't fix it. I'm using Windows 7 with Vagrant and can't seem to figure out how to see details on those errors from the AT. nothing shows anywhere when SSH into the ubuntu-trusty. do you at least know where to go to see details on this error?

I'm beginning to think this Vagrant install option is useless. I simply cannot troubleshoot. pretty frustrating!