Picture of Rob Mausser
Trickle not working properly in chrome/firefox but working properly in IE
by Rob Mausser - Friday, 3 February 2017, 10:26 PM

I'm having an issue with a specific Trickle functionality, where its working properly in Internet Explorer, but not in Chrome or Firefox.

I have Trickle and the Button enabled, as well as "_scrollTo" enabled. 

The first two components on a page are set to be Step Locked and Trickle enabled. Then the rest of the page is optional and users can pick and choose what they want to do. 

However, before this "open" area, I have the last Trickle "continue" button, so that when the user is done the last "mandatory" component, they click "Continue" and it unlocks the remainder of the page, as well as scrolls down for them. 

The scroll is a functionality in the rest of the locked area, so the expectation is set that upon clicking the continue button the user will be auto-scrolled to the next component, which does not have Trickle or Step locking enabled (nor do the rest of the components)

In IE this works fine, the user is scrolled to the next component, and the rest of the course is unlocked.

However in Chrome/Firefox, the Continue button only unlocks the rest of the page, but no scroll happens. 

Thus the user is confused because they are used to an auto-scroll, and when they click continue, unless you are very observant and see the scrollbar on your browser get bigger, nothing really happens. 

Since this is working in IE but not Chrome/Firefox, I assume this is a bug?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Trickle not working properly in chrome/firefox but working properly in IE
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 12:33 PM

it sounds like it could be but it's hard to tell from a description alone, any chance you could share this so we could take a look?