Picture of Victor Moreno
Unregister plugin
by Victor Moreno - Monday, 13 February 2017, 1:46 PM

While registering my first plugin I used the wrong github endpoint so plugin is marked as "bower and github do not match" in the plugin browser. 

I'm looking everywhere for a way to clean up the mess without luck. I've found this adapt-cli  fork which implements an "unregister" method but it fails every time. Any help?

This is the unregister output

Confirm repository (https://github.com/fraylopez/adapt-media-brightcove)
GitHub username fraylopez
GitHub password ****************

Confirm Unregister now? (y) y
Error: Cannot DELETE /packages/fraylopez/adapt-media-brightcove/fraylopez?access
_token=XXXXX
The plugin could not be unregistered.

Picture of Simon Date
Re: Unregister plugin
by Simon Date - Monday, 13 February 2017, 5:02 PM

Hi Victor,

From what people have mentioned previously it is not possible to un-regsiter a plugin, I assume the work Chris has done is towards future functionality that will require updating on the server side too.

If you are interested in a Brightcove component my team has created one that works natively with the video player and thus works with Adapt functionality like PLP and Trickle, without the need for setting the size of an iframe. I've just updated it with some of the latest changes from our internal branch.

Picture of Victor Moreno
Re: Unregister plugin
by Victor Moreno - Monday, 13 February 2017, 5:27 PM

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for your kindly response. I have developed the plugin already as a media-contrib extension, which was what my client requested. At some point during the registration I switch directories leading to a bad endpoint. A "registration" refresh would also work for me since the repo is now correct. Anyway, thanks again, I'll try to raise a comment on the adapt-cli github issue board.