Picture of D Broom
Flash Card plug-in
by D Broom - Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 9:02 AM

Hello guys.

Does anyone know if a plug-in exists for Adapt that would a Flash Card style component to Adapt?  We are currently using a Database template on Moodle that does something similar but:

• It doesn't work on IE
  • It looks pretty boring
  • It's not particularly user friendly to setup or run.

The database template is here:

https://moodle.net/mod/data/view.php?d=7&rid=366 

I have included a short video showing how it works from a user's point of view:

ScreenCapture_14-02-2017%2008.48.05.wmv

I'm hoping at some point to be able to create this as a plug-in however this will be a while off as I'm still pretty inexperienced at Javascript.  So if anyone knows if anything similar is out there then please let me know about it.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Flash Card plug-in
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 10:04 AM

Dan's Storey's Flipper component looks kind of similar to this. I have a feeling it doesn't (quite) work in IE though

Picture of D Broom
by D Broom - Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 3:50 PM

That's the kind of thing I am looking for but in my case it would only need to flip back and forth and you could then use a random/next/previous button to go through the cards.

I did have issues with getting the Moodle database template card flipping working in IE but found an alternative technique that works on all the browsers.  The buttons in the template are created with an Xpath query that IE doesn't like and that's where the template fails.

Picture of Gareth Walker
by Gareth Walker - Tuesday, 14 February 2017, 5:23 PM

There's also this flip-card plugin from Deltanet. I don't believe you need to have the audio - and I think there may be a more basic version somewhere out there too.

I think it may require an image on one side ... but I expect that would be an easy modification to make.

https://github.com/deltanet/adapt-flipcard-audio