Picture of xiaofei  shi
Setting up the sections in the Adapt
by xiaofei shi - Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:52 PM

Hello everybody, 

i am trying to create the 'sections' in the Adapt. (instead of adding page, i select the 'add section' button) 

A new 'Policy section' has been added to my new Adapt module. In this section, it includes HR Policy page and Call Centre Policy page. Then HR team can click on the HR policies page to review the eLearning content, which is relevant to them. Call Centre staff can review the call centre policies. HR team doesn't need to review the call centre policies section, vice versa. 

My question is: how can we track their completions in this section? I noticed that if HR staff only review the HR policies, the whole Policy section will not be marked as complete, except i disable the page level progress on all components in the section, which i don't want to do that. 

Hope my question makes sense, and looking forward to hearing your advice. 

Many Thanks

Xiaofei 

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Setting up the sections in the Adapt
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 20 February 2017, 4:56 PM

This is normally the sort of thing we'd use a 'role selector' for - user chooses their role when the course first loads and the extension then hides or shows sections of the course as appropriate to that role.

Unfortunately this isn't something that's currently available but we (Kineo) are working on refactoring code we've written in the past to make an extension that is reusable & flexible and works with the authoring tool

I can't make any commitments as to when this will be available though, sorry...

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Setting up the sections in the Adapt
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 7:18 AM

Quick question back. Where are you tracking? An LMS? Then why not split them into 2 different modules in the first place?

Makes live much more simple that way. Unless you have a specific reason to keep them together, but then you need an extension like Matt describes. Still thinking about the roles and the admin needed in an LMS though.