Picture of Martin Erlandsson
Bug report: Assessment behavoir on second attempt
by Martin Erlandsson - Thursday, 2 March 2017, 12:55 PM

This is a bug report.

I'm using Assessment, Assessment Results and Trickle in this, so no difficult stuff!

You can actually see the bug in the Adapt showcase itself! https://community.adaptlearning.org/demo2/index.html#/id/co-15

So the bug is:

When you do an assessment and comes to the end, to the assessment result - the first time you do it the process is:
Last question, trickle button "Continue" -> Block "So, how did you do? Let’s find out." -> click on trickle button "Continue" -> Result block is shown.

But if you click on "Retry Assessment" and do it all again, the process is:
Last question, trickle button "Continue" -> Block "So, how did you do? Let’s find out." and result block is shown.

Is there any ideas how to fix this so I can get the "first time process" every time?

Picture of Fredrik Fahlin
Re: Bug report: Assessment behavoir on second attempt
by Fredrik Fahlin - Friday, 3 March 2017, 12:33 PM

Have you tried to update the Assessment extension to version 2.0.9. The trickle button won't appear in the block with text and picture either. 

Picture of Martin Erlandsson
by Martin Erlandsson - Friday, 3 March 2017, 1:19 PM

I tried to update to 2.0.9 and the result was even worse than before. This bug is still there, but it also filled some of the questions with my last answer and an icon with a cross or correct symbol, depending if my last answer was correct or false. So that didin't fix anything unfortunately.

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Friday, 3 March 2017, 5:21 PM

Could you try to replicate the above condition whereby some of the question answers are filled in on a subsequent attempt.

* Let me know how many attempts you should do to replicate

* What the page / assessment structure is

* How the assessment and results components are configured

Cheers,

Ollie

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Friday, 3 March 2017, 5:18 PM

This may seem like a bug, but it's just a by-product of the way things are written.

The presentation components in between the results and the end of the assessment article are not reset when the assessment article is reset, so on the second visit they are unlocked to trickle.

Similarly you'll notice that the non-question (presentation) components in the assessment also exhibit the same behaviour.

This is as the assessment is only part of that article and is only concerned with question-type components.

If it's something you'd really like fixed, please log an issue @ https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/issues

Kind Regards,

Ollie.