Picture of Martin Erlandsson
Hotgraphic responsive error (on small devices)
by Martin Erlandsson - Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 3:46 PM

When I have a Hotgraphic component on a small screen I get stuck on "Loading...". I've understood so far that it has something to do with the reRender function and that the postRender function never fires. It works if you start with a big screen and then shrink it down, but not if you only have a small screen, like a phone.

Any suggestions?

EDIT

The showcase version works. Every functions is done in the same order as I have in mine, still mine doesn't work . Just to be clear, everything works if I remove the component.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Hotgraphic responsive error (on small devices)
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 5:51 PM

Hi Martin

On a small screen, the hotgraphic component swaps out for a narrative component. You therefore need to make sure you have the narrative component installed as well.

With anything like this try pressing F12 to open the developer tools to see if there are any messages/warnings in the console.

by Martin Erlandsson - Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 8:25 AM

Hi Matt and thanks for your answer.

I have narrative installed. No warnings in console, just stuck on loading without errors.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 4:15 PM

Martin,

I've had this with countless components where something has gone wrong - and usually I definitely see errors in Console. Can you screenshot console for us so we can check? Unfortunately that's the only way to diagnose really - that and if you run the tool on using cmd prompt there's sometimes something in there...

by Martin Erlandsson - Friday, 10 March 2017, 8:23 AM

Hi guys!

I fixed this issue, still don't know the problem though.

I copied all my own code (extensions, components, course and theme) to a new project with the latest framework code and then it worked. So from 2.0.11 to 2.0.17.

Helen - Here's the screenshot