Picture of Flavio Martins
LMS not recognizing cmi.suspend_data as string
by Flavio Martins - Thursday, 9 March 2017, 5:51 PM

Hi guys, how are you doing?

Would you please help me? I couldn't find an answer to my problem here or even googleing...

When I go local everything works fine, spoor sends me every info to Chrome's console.log, but when I upload my course to a LMS, it pops me this debug window at every commit:

"An error has occurred:
Course could not set cmi.suspend_data to

... [suspend_data value here] ...

Error info: Incorrect data type
LMS Error Info: "

LMS is recognizing cmi.suspend_data as an object instead of string?? How can it be possible when I check on console.log and its typeof() is actually a string? What's happening? I really don't know what to do. It is a Spoor issue or a LMs issue? How can I solve this?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: LMS not recognizing cmi.suspend_data as string
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 9 March 2017, 8:07 PM

It is a Spoor issue or a LMs issue?

Upload your course to SCORM Cloud and see what it does on there. If it works fine there, it'll almost certainly be an LMS issue and it'll be a case of getting in touch with your LMS provider.

You can point to the fact that it works fine on SCORM Cloud as an argument that the fault lies with their LMS - you can even send them a link to the course to prove that it works - or to the logfile of your attempt at the course where it'll (hopefully) show the course successfully writing to the suspend_data... look for this link:

scorm cloud debug log link

click that, then scroll to the bottom and you'll see the link you can use to send them.

Hope this helps. What LMS are you using by the way?

Picture of Flavio Martins
Re: LMS not recognizing cmi.suspend_data as string
by Flavio Martins - Thursday, 9 March 2017, 9:24 PM

Hi Matt! Thanks for your attention on that

Unfortunately I just developed this course and sent the SCORM package to my client, so I don't know exactly what LMS I'm dealing with, I beleive it could be a customized LMS. I was able to test locally in Moodle and in SCORM Cloud too (now I'll have another go following your tip), Is it a custom LMS common issue? Moodle and SCORM Cloud has some script that validates cmi.suspend_data that should be in its LMSs?

Sorry for these tons of questions, but I work alone here and it sucks not to have someone to discuss or rely to. (Sorry for my bad English!)

All the best!