Picture of Chris Gillison
Maintaining 'latest versions'
by Chris Gillison - Monday, 13 March 2017, 7:01 PM

Hi all,

Please could someone clarify a few queries about keeping things up to date?

1) As I understand it, adapt create course automatically generates a course with the latest version of the framework. Is that correct?

2) If I install a component/extension using adapt install does that automatically install the latest version of it?

3) If I already have a component/extension installed and in use in a project, and I know there's a new version of it, should I first uninstall the component/extension using adapt uninstall and then re-install it or can I just do adapt install and overwrite it?

Many thanks. Chris

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Maintaining 'latest versions'
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 14 March 2017, 8:36 PM

Yes, of course...

1) $ adapt create course will download the MASTER branch of the framework plus the latest release of each plugin

2) it will install the latest release of the plugin. The MASTER branch of that plugin may be more up-to-date than that. I try to keep on top of the plugin releases but it's quite a job with 23(?) different plugins being supported by the core team! Please feel free to harass me or one of the other core team members on Gitter if you need one releasing ;-)

3) At the moment I am 99% certain you have to uninstall then reinstall - that's my experience anyway. See this ticket.

Hope this helps!

Picture of Chris Gillison
Re: Maintaining 'latest versions'
by Chris Gillison - Wednesday, 15 March 2017, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the clarification Matt.

I'm glad it's not just me who's struggling to keep track! Not complaining at all though - it's great to be part of something with such momentum!