Picture of Marko Stojkovski
Problem with published project
by Marko Stojkovski - Thursday, 6 April 2017, 6:18 PM

Hello. I had problem when i tried to use the downloaded source code on my web hosting.
Basically, I am in the process of creating my first course in Adapt and when I tried to "share" what I have done until now, I found some problem.

Basically, I have downloaded the source code and uploaded to my webhosting so I can make the course live and share with some people. I have uploaded the whole project online but when I try to play it I just got some grey black in the upper left corner, and in the console I got the messages in the image attached.
I tried with publish tool too, but same issue.

In case someone wants to check, the link to the course is: http://elearning.enaspot.com/Test/Enaspot/src/index.html

Thank you very much.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Problem with published project
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 6 April 2017, 7:25 PM

Hi Marko

When you post questions like this, would you mind stating whether you're using the Authoring Tool or the Framework? It'll make answering your questions in a way that makes sense for what you're doing a lot simpler! I have managed to figure out that you are using the Authoring Tool but others might struggle to do the same.

So, given the URL you have supplied I think what you have done is exported the entire course source code from the Authoring Tool, uploaded that then tried to launch the version of index.html that's in the src folder.

If you launch from the index.html in the build folder you'll see it works fine.

What you need to do is not export the course but download it via the Download button that's under the Preview button in the left-hand panel pretty much whereever you are whilst editing a course in the authoring tool. This will download a zip file of just the course output (as opposed to one that includes the source files as well), you can then extract the contents of this zip file and upload them to your web server.

Hope this helps

by Marko Stojkovski - Friday, 7 April 2017, 8:54 AM

Hello Matt and thanks for the concise info you provided me. As I mentioned, I am building my first course so basically I don't even know the software, I am working on it from previous experiences with similar tools and software and I am in the process of learning the basic things now, and I found it really exciting to learn the tool.
Thank you very much, you helped me a lot.

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Friday, 7 April 2017, 9:58 AM

Hi Marko, I am using the AT myself as well, and what helped me a lot was reading through the documentation for the Framework. The developers have done a great job there to describe the processes. And another tip, try to view some of the LearningPool video's on youtube, or from other folks (search for Adapt Learning).

Enjoy using the tool.

John

by Marko Stojkovski - Wednesday, 12 April 2017, 3:00 PM

Thank you for the directions, surely will do.