Picture of Michel Gervais
Need info about the A-T Download button
by Michel Gervais - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 1:11 PM

Hello folks,

I have an 2 issues when I save my course using the Download button with the Authoring tool.

1. The course is saved in a zip file. If I extract the zip file in a folder on my pc and launch the Index html file, a white page is diplayed in the browser and nothing else. Can the course be accessed locally or does it have to be loaded and access from a web server?
  2. The Spoor plugin is installed and enabled but the zip file is not regognized on my LMS. If I take a look in the zip file I don't see any manifest. Does it mean I have to code all this manually? If so, what is the exact purpose of the plugin?

Please consider that these are two separate questions. In one case, I'm trying to run the course directly in a web borwser. The other case is related to the course access as a SCORM 1.2 file

Thank

Michel

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Need info about the A-T Download button
by John Niezen - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 1:19 PM

Hi Michel,

Which browser are you using? Unless something has changed, as far as I know you need to do this action in FireFox. They others will not work. Previewing is no problem, but opening the html is.

Re: Need info about the A-T Download button
by Michel Gervais - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 7:00 PM

Hi John,

I'm using chrome but not it's working fine if I upload the course on a web server prior to access it.

I don't think the course is launchable directly from the hard drive regardless what browser is used.

Re: Need info about the A-T Download button (update)
by Michel Gervais - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 1:45 PM

Hi again,

Question one has been resolved. The course has to be uploaded and access from a web server. It won't run if launched physically from the pc hard drive.

Now I just need answers on how to package a course to make it fully SCORM compatible.

Thanks

Michel

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 2:08 PM

Now I just need answers on how to package a course to make it fully SCORM compatible

You shouldn't have to do anything except install and enable the adapt-contrib-spoor plugin....

Picture of Khari Kambon
by Khari Kambon - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 5:48 PM

Michel, are you sure you enabled it for the specific course you are downloading?  I'm pretty sure the extensions are not enabled by default, so you have to enable Spoor on the course level for it to work for that course.

by Michel Gervais - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 7:10 PM

Khari, I had hope when I saw your message that this might be the problem. But as I went back in the authoring tool after opening the course, I realized that there is only one place where plugings are enableed and it's at the general level.

See in the image below that the Spoor plugin is indeed enabled.

If there is another way to enable plugins at the course level, please give me the path because the only way I know is through the plugin management in the aothoring tool menu on the top left corner.

Picture of Khari Kambon
by Khari Kambon - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 8:13 PM

Michel,
 right, that's where you go to enable/disable the extension, but to enable it for the course, from the dashboard,first double-click on your course.

then over on left you'll see manage extensions, click that

finally under available extensions, you see all those you can add to that course. click add in the rows of the ones you want.

by Michel Gervais - Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 8:30 PM

Hello Khari and thank you.

You were right. I was using the wrong path. But now that I have added Spoor plugin to the course, I get an error message when I'm trying to preview or to download the course.

Does the pluging require that you have a question component (eg.multiple choice) with a result page in your course in order to work? or should it work regardless?

Thanks (I'm getting there)

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 8:47 AM

Does the plugin require that you have a question component (eg.multiple choice) with a result page in your course in order to work? or should it work regardless?

It will work regardless

by Michel Gervais - Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 2:47 PM

Then something is wrong. As soon as the plugin in enabled at the course level I am uncapable to either preview or download the course. See below the two messages I get for each function.

If I disable the plugin I can preview and download just fine. I can also access the course with no problem once uploaded on a web server (see the following link):

http://formenligne.000webhostapp.com/les-approches-mthodes/index.html