Picture of Ramon Ribeiro
How to develop a course structure like Equality and Diversity from Delta Net?
by Ramon Ribeiro - Tuesday, 16 May 2017, 2:19 AM

Hi, how are you?

I am new in Adapt. I have experience in web development and design, but i am a little lost about the right way to work with Adapt.

I read that the Authoring Tool is stiil in development so probably i would need to work on the Adapt Framework to have more options to change, is it right?

From the showcase page, i really liked the structure of this project: 

http://demo.delta-net.co.uk/managers-guide-to-equality-and-diversity/#/id/co-05

DeltaNet example - Continue Button on the bottom

I would ask for some help to learn how to make this single page show its bottom content only when you click on the button continue (which sometimes is hidden until you click on some components)

Can someone please give me some directions to create something like that?

Thanks and excuse my english!

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: How to develop a course structure like Equality and Diversity from Delta Net?
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 22 May 2017, 2:17 PM

Hi Ramon

That continue button is being added by the trickle extension.

If you install the Adapt Framework you will see that this extension is used in the 'out of the box' course that gets installed in the 'Assessment' section, to present the assessment questions to the user one at a time.

Picture of Ramon Ribeiro
Re: How to develop a course structure like Equality and Diversity from Delta Net?
by Ramon Ribeiro - Thursday, 25 May 2017, 12:30 PM

Thanks Matt, i think this extension can help me a lot.

Just one question about the whole experience in Adapt: am i right to think that Adapt Authoring Tool is an easiest way to develop the course but it is also a limited one?

So probably, to work with this extension and also to develop a course with more options to create a better experience it would be better to develop on Adapt Developer, creating pages, articles, block direct in code?

Thanks a lot

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 25 May 2017, 3:15 PM

I think it depends on the technical ability of the person building the course.

Anyone who's comfortable with editing JSON and doing basic HTML formatting might well find the Framework easier. Those who aren't will be more comfortable with the Authoring Tool.

You will be able to use the Trickle extension with the Authoring Tool.

There are some areas where using the Authoring Tool can be harder.. for example, say you want to have Trickle configuration that is different from the default... in the Authoring Tool you'll have to set this up each time. If using the Framework you can just copy-and-paste the settings. This is a known issue.

Best thing is just for you to give each a try and see for yourself. The Framework is very easy to get up and running if you follow these instructions. The Authoring Tool is harder to install - but some of the involved companies provide free trials you can use, canstudios have one for example.

What I will say is that if you want to develop new functionality for Adapt you're definitely better off doing that in the Framework, even if you are developing plugins to be used in courses built in the Authoring Tool. Get them working in the framework first then upload into the Authoring Tool and and make sure they work in there. Suspect the same thing applies to theming too...

Picture of Ramon Ribeiro
by Ramon Ribeiro - Friday, 26 May 2017, 1:35 AM

Thanks you, Matt

You helped me find a way. I´ll try now to develop.

Hugs!