Picture of Anne Seller
User Feedback with screenshots
by Anne Seller - Thursday, 29 June 2017, 10:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

I came across this very nice option for User Feedback, whereby users can submit screenshots along with their feedback comments. It is a plug-in for Wordpress and the source code is on GitHub:

https://github.com/wearerequired/user-feedback

Does anyone know if there is a similar Adapt plug-in or how I could implement this code within the Adapt Learning Framework?

Many thanks!

Anne

Picture of Fabio Beoni
Re: User Feedback with screenshots
by Fabio Beoni - Thursday, 29 June 2017, 12:57 PM

Dear Anne,

I saw how the wordppress plugin works, very nice... 

In my opinion you can achieve the result by developing an "Adapt Extension" plugin. Extensions bring new functionalities at different course levels, in the link I'm copying you there are some examples.I think you would like to display the "Feedback" button anywhere in the course right?

Let me highlight that receiving users feedback by email may make your job difficult, if you have hundreds of users. Normally user feedback is collected in a database in the backend system, then of-course someone in charge get notified.

Thanks, Fabio.

Picture of Anne Seller
by Anne Seller - Thursday, 29 June 2017, 2:13 PM

Hello Fabio,

Many thanks for your quick reply. (Yes, it would be ideal if the feedback button could be displayed anywhere in the course.) I will check out the examples on the link you provided and learn from those. As my coding skills improve, hopefully I will be able to turn this Wordpress plug-in into an Adapt Extension plug-in someday! ;) Thanks also for the helpful insight re: collecting the users' comments.

I saw that Adapt Plug-ins currently exist for feedback for question components, but I couldn't find one for collecting general feedback/comments from users. I would be very interested to hear if anyone else has any insight on this. (I suppose it would also be possible to collect user feedback via an LMS (using SCORM or Tin Can API/xAPI), if the users sign in as a "guest" first...)

Thanks again for your help, Fabio!
Anne

Picture of Stephen Harlow
by Stephen Harlow - Friday, 30 June 2017, 2:57 AM

That's very cool Anne. I think a user feedback plugin would be a great addition to Adapt too. I was imagining an onscreen button that opened the drawer where you could provide feedback. Like you, my coding skills are not yet good enough to write or adapt something myself.