Picture of Lorence Issa
Can't install any plugins Adapt authoring tool v0.3.0
by Lorence Issa - Monday, 3 July 2017, 11:06 PM

I'm on authoring tool v0.3.0 and Adapt framework of v2.1.3

I'm having issues installing plugins in the Authoring tool.

No matter which plugin i try uploading (from the plugin browser website (https://www.adaptlearning.org/index.php/plugin-browser/) i receive the error

Plugin upload failed

Error: Cannot find expected bower.json file in the plugin root, please check the structure of your zip file and try again.

I have -

• Confirmed the folder contains the file mentioned
  • Tried about 20 plugins all of which produce the same message (The zip file has in it's root the file mentioned amongst other files and folders for each plugin)

Additionally

Using CLI i was able to install plugins, i'm assuming this is installing them in the framework and not the authoring tool? as they do not appear in the web interface.

thanks for your time

Lorence

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Can't install any plugins Adapt authoring tool v0.3.0
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 4 July 2017, 9:15 AM

Hi Lorence

The zip file has in it's root the file mentioned amongst other files and folders for each plugin

That's your problem then. The authoring tool expects bower.json to be within a folder in the zip file.

Basically it expects the structure of zip file that you get when downloading a zip from github - which is exactly what is going on 'behind the scenes' when you do $ adapt install plugin-name

Picture of Lorence Issa
by Lorence Issa - Tuesday, 4 July 2017, 10:43 PM

Thanks so much for responding to my issue Matt! :)

That seems to have fixed some plugins... much appreciated.

In regards to using the CLI, i'm assuming this is only for the framework as opposed to the authoring tool. Can you please confirm if my understanding is correct?

thanks again,

Lorence

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 5 July 2017, 9:06 AM

In regards to using the CLI, i'm assuming this is only for the framework as opposed to the authoring tool.

It's used by both but in the case of the Authoring Tool, it's the Authoring Tool engine that uses it - I don't think you're really meant to use it directly.