Picture of Joseph Replin
Menu Button Bug?
by Joseph Replin - Friday, 28 March 2014, 4:31 PM

Helleu,

So I've been dealing with this same situation for a while now but every time I create JSON, the course builds fine but the Menu Button breaks. A blank page will appear until I reload the page and the menu displays fine.

My colleague was able to discern that the menu opacity was still set to 0 upon selecting the Menu button, and by disabling that, the menu displays fine.

Thing is, I don't understand why this happens to me when I just write JSON and change nothing else. my "_id"s and "_parentId"s are all in tact.

So I post on here to raise a potential issue because I was able to break the Menu button fairly easily just by editing JSON. Hopefully, I can gain a better understanding to my issue.

Picture of Kevin Doherty
Re: Menu Button Bug?
by Kevin Doherty - Monday, 31 March 2014, 4:09 PM

I have come across the same issue but it only seems to happen when I have only one page within a course. As soon as a second page is added with some content I never seem to experience the issue again.

Picture of Joseph Replin
Re: Menu Button Bug?
by Joseph Replin - Tuesday, 1 April 2014, 5:07 PM

Well that's good news Kevin. I am in production and have just the one page so far.

This could potentially be troublesome for one page courses, but then again what would be the use of a menu if you only have one page? So I suppose this would be considered a minor bug.

Anyways, thank you for getting back to me.