Picture of Mike Stevens
Authoring tool Option for batched asset zip file
by Mike Stevens - Thursday, 13 July 2017, 6:41 PM

Just wondering if there are any plans to have an option to upload zip files to the asset manager. What I mean is so you could have a zip file with multiple images or audio/video files that you just drag and drop and it uploads them into the asset library. Right now it is a real pain to have to upload each image one by one when you have about 20 to 50 of them. This would make the authoring tool even greater than what it already is right now.

Picture of Ted Curran
Re: Authoring tool Option for batched asset zip file
by Ted Curran - Thursday, 13 July 2017, 7:35 PM

+1 for bulk uploads.

You may want to follow this other thread: 

https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1504

In it, a guy mentions hosting his assets in his own FTP location and patching them in to his Adapt courses. This would circumvent the media manager altogether, and may have unintended consequences (but is worth looking into).

but yes, this is a feature the product sorely needs, however it's implemented. 

Ted

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Authoring tool Option for batched asset zip file
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 13 July 2017, 7:46 PM

Great idea; I would have thought enabling batch upload (i.e. the ability to select multiple files when uploading) would be easier to implement (no need to unzip at the server end) whilst being just as useful.

I guess the blocker is that it would be necessary build a new UI for adding title/description/tags to multiple images... but still worth logging a ticket.