Picture of Suresh Kumar
Trickle not working when retake assessment
by Suresh Kumar - Thursday, 20 July 2017, 6:19 AM

Hi,

I am using the authoring tool. I have a course with 6 topics. The last topic is an assessment. In the assessment page, I have used 4 articles. The first article has one block with some instructions about the assessment. The second article has 5 blocks. Each block contains question component in the right and a graphic component on the left.The third article has one block with the assessment results component in the left and a graphic component in the right.The fourth article contains a block with blank component, this helps me to separate the quick navigation button and the third article. 

The trickle component is enabled to the block under the first article and the 5 question blocks under article two. The trickle works fine during the first attempt of the assessment. When we retake the assessment, the trickle is not working. When I am on the second attempt, I can scroll down the page without answering questions and view the blank assessment results block. I have attached screen shot of the trickle plugin settings.  

Could anyone suggest why I am facing this issue? Thanks.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Trickle not working when retake assessment
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 20 July 2017, 9:06 AM

Hi Suresh

Try this: in configuration settings > extensions > trickle set Completion Attribute to _isComplete:

trickle completion attribute

That usually solves most problems like this.

This will be the default setting in the next release of trickle.

Picture of Suresh Kumar
Re: Trickle not working when retake assessment
by Suresh Kumar - Thursday, 20 July 2017, 8:41 PM

Thanks, Matt. That is helpful.

Actually, by default the "configuration settings > extensions > trickle set Completion Attribute set to _isComplete". But this did not work for me. So, I changed it to "_isInteractionComplete" helped to get the trickle working when retaking the assessment again. 

Another issue with trickle I noticed that if I take the assessment on a smaller width browser screen (by reducing the width of the browser) for example, tablet view or smartphone view size, the tickle is not working at all. It means the step locking not working, and the subsequent block is not getting enabled to show. Sometimes, I noticed that if I increase the browser width by dragging the screen, the page scrolls down to the next block. Any suggestions on this issue will be very helpful. 

Just to share a few more details, I show feedback on each question with two attempts. After the user clicking on the close icon on the notify, it scrolls to the next block automatically (this works fine in larger width viewport, but not on the smaller width viewport).

Thanks.