Picture of Lars Halkjær
SCORM 2004 packages from AT
by Lars Halkjær - Monday, 31 July 2017, 2:13 PM

If one were to tweak the Authoring Tool to publish SCORM 2004 packages, I suppose you had to do something like this:

1. Change the files in the SPOOR "required" folder with SCORM 2004 files (btw: what mechanism copies these files?).
  2. Add features to the publishing flow, to insert unique SCORM ID into the manifest (btw: what mechanism inserts the values that are currently inserted in the @@ placeholders?).

Is the publishing done through GRUNT files called from the AT?
I suspect that the files in the adapt_authoring/plugins/output/adapt/ folder is involved, but is there a description of this process anywhere?

I have been looking at the files on my AT server, and one of the mysteries (to me) is where updated plugin files ends up.
And what logic is behind the temp folders (which have adapt_framework subfoldes, where some of the updated plugin files seems to end).

If anyone has a more clear picture of this than me, I would very much like to learn more about it.

Picture of Lars Halkjær
Re: SCORM 2004 packages from AT
by Lars Halkjær - Friday, 4 August 2017, 3:34 PM

I have managed to solve some of the above problems:

1) It seems that the "copy" grunt task will copy files from a plugin's "required" folder to the root.

2) The build script for the AT is in the "server-build" task of the framework grunt script (grunt/tasks/server-build.js). The placeholders are filled in by the "replace" grunt task (grunt/config/replace.js).

Which alse answers the questions about whether the AT uses grunt scripts. It seems to be the same scripts used for CLI builds, except for the part that checks json-files (as they are generated by the AT from the database).

The TEMP folder on the AT server seems to work like this:

• The TEMP folder contains a folder for each tenant (using the tenant's ID for folder name).
  • The tenant ID folder contains an "adapt_framework" folder with the current framework and plugins.
  • The "adapt_framework" folder contains a "courses" folder.
  • The "courses" folder contains a folder for each tenant (using the tenant's ID for folder name).
  • This tenant ID folder contains a folder for each course (using the course's ID for folder name).
  • This course ID folder contains a "build" folder with the built course (and a zip-file for download, if course has been downloaded).

If anyone knows it is not so, please write..!