Picture of Lars Halkjær
Difference in handling plugin "required" folder when building from CLI and AT
by Lars Halkjær - Friday, 4 August 2017, 3:51 PM

The SPOOR plugin has a "required" folder with SCORM files that will be copied to the course root by the build script (the copy grunt task).

The "Developing plugins" section in the Adapt Wiki says about this folder: "Any additional files to go in the course 'root' folder e.g. SCORM manifest files".

So I made a "required" folder in one of my plugins, and when I used it in a CLI build, the files and subfolders in this folder was copied to the course root (nice!).

But when I uploaded it to the AT, this did not happen - the plugin was there in the downloaded package, but not the files and subfolders from my "required" folder.

I looked at the files on the AT server (in the TEMP folder), and my plugin with the "required" folder was present (I tried to change the manifest file in the SPOOR plugin to ensure, at I was looking in the right place, and sure enough: the next downloaded package had the changed manifest file in the root).

Does anyone know why this happens?

Picture of Oliver Foster
Re: Difference in handling plugin "required" folder when building from CLI and AT
by Oliver Foster - Friday, 4 August 2017, 7:19 PM

What kind of plugin is it? A Component, Extension, Theme or Menu?

Picture of Lars Halkjær
Re: Difference in handling plugin "required" folder when building from CLI and AT
by Lars Halkjær - Friday, 4 August 2017, 11:34 PM

It is an Extension (without view).

Basically, it taps into SPOOR to convert Interaction tracking data to SCORM 2004 (using question texts for description and answers).

I would like it to copy SCORM 2004 files to the root.