Picture of Kevin Maye
Responsive iFrame video problem
by Kevin Maye - Wednesday, 9 August 2017, 11:34 AM

We've been working with AdaptĀ for a while now and have a course working really well with video from YouTube being delivered via the Responsive iFrame component.

For a new partner organisation we're delivering an update to this course for them to run on their Totara LMS but when we test the course (using SCORMCloud) to check it works outside of our environment we get strange behaviour around the videos.

In a browser (Windows or Mac computer) everything is fine but on any mobile device, we have 2 issues.

1. If we play the video full screen then when we exit full screen the page scrolls so the block becomes partially hidden and that block locks (so we can't scroll back to earlier content)

2. If during playback we tap outside of the video window the page scrolls to partially hide the video (which can still be playing), and the block locks (as per 1)

Any suggestions for what might cause this, or if there are settings either in Adapt or Totara that will prevent this issue (obviously aware Totara will be different to SCORMCloud but want an answer before I go to the client)

Picture of Kevin Maye
Re: Responsive iFrame video problem
by Kevin Maye - Wednesday, 9 August 2017, 1:10 PM

Apologies everyone, just realised I should be using the media component rather than responsive iFrame and that seems to cure my problems.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Responsive iFrame video problem
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 9 August 2017, 1:57 PM

There's also adapt-youtube - I haven't used it in a while but if offers a few more youtube-specific settings than the adapt media player. Might be worth a quick look.