Picture of Michael Horn
Resource core plugin - HELP or Bug?
by Michael Horn - Wednesday, 9 August 2017, 12:43 PM

Hi all

I was playing around with the Resource plugion that is included as the core of Adapt authoring tool, and noticed that I am unable to directly include images and videos and resource assets while pdfs/zip/docs, links etc do work.

Is this just a bug or a bad feature design as I have unable to find an answer on the forums, gitter, google and the wiki and github

Cheers

Picture of Simon Date
Re: Resource core plugin - HELP or Bug?
by Simon Date - Wednesday, 9 August 2017, 12:56 PM

Hi Michael,

Have you set your images and videos type to media?

Simon

Picture of Michael Horn
by Michael Horn - Thursday, 10 August 2017, 2:50 AM

Yes, I did that.

I did some checking and it appears that they are being uploaded, but for some reason they are not showing up in the resource asset section, However ... If I go and add say an image or something to a block in a page, all of the uploaded assets show up in that asset section.

So I don't know what the problem is there

No errors are showing in the console, Frameworks/plugin are updated to the latest version

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 10 August 2017, 9:39 AM

I think it's probably down to this which, according to this, restricts the selection to 'PDFs, docs, etc.'.

Calling it 'bad feature design' is somewhat harsh.. it's more 'using the extension in a way we hadn't expected'. Typically if you're linking from Resources to video or images, those files are external to the course so are added to Resources as links.

If you feel this needs to be changed, please log a ticket. And of course you can always modify your copy of the Resources extension however you need... and should you want to contribute those changes back we always welcome such contributions, there's a page here about how to go about that.