Picture of Olav Hahn
Moodle and Adaptlearning
by Olav Hahn - Monday, 14 August 2017, 9:42 AM

Hello

I have a finished course that I want to upload to moodlecloud for testing.

1) I export the sourcecode from Adapt authoring tool. (I tried download first)

Screen 1

2) I log on to moodlecloud and navigate to Siteadministration, Courses, Upload courses

Screen 2

3) I navigate to the zip file (source code) and after a little while I get this error in moodlecloud: "There is something wrong with the format of the CSV file. Please check ......"

Screen 3

4) I search the forums and find some references to zipping a "build folder".

5) I search my installation-adapt_authoring folder for a "build folder", and I find more then 20 folders by that name, and none of the folders I've checked contains anything more than just a few javascriptfiles.

Screen 4

My question:

Is it possible for someone like me who is not that into the technical side of adapt-learning to get my course into Moodlecloud?

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Moodle and Adaptlearning
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 14 August 2017, 10:37 AM

You need to be clicking 'Download' not 'Export source code'.

As documented here, clicking Download will give you a SCORM 1.2 zip file of your course which you can upload to a SCORM 1.2 conformant learning management system like Moodle.

How you would go about doing that in any particular learning management system is really beyond the scope of this forum. You should consult the documentation for Moodle Cloud as to how to upload a SCORM course.

Picture of Olav Hahn
by Olav Hahn - Monday, 14 August 2017, 2:02 PM

Thanks Matt

"Download" was my first try, but that didn't work so I went for "Export sourcecode" and that didn't work either.

I'll do as you say and take it to the moodle community to get further.

Picture of Robert Peek
by Robert Peek - Monday, 14 August 2017, 3:24 PM

For a SCORM compliant course you will need the Spoor extension enabled. Have you used this plugin in your course?

Picture of Olav Hahn
by Olav Hahn - Tuesday, 15 August 2017, 11:28 AM

Hi Robert

Thank you for the tip. Yeah, it's enabled. It could be a moodle thing. When I've found out how to make it work I will post the solution here in case others have a similar problem.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 15 August 2017, 12:03 PM

I think it'll be a terminology thing i.e. a 'course' in Moodle doesn't mean what you think it does.

I suspect you'll need to create the 'course' within Moodle itself and then you'll be able to upload things like 'SCORM content' (i.e. what you and I think of as a course) to it.

Picture of Mathew Gancarz
by Mathew Gancarz - Tuesday, 15 August 2017, 7:01 PM

Hi Matt, you are spot on. What Olav was trying to do in Moodle was 'upload a course' which actually in Moodle terms means "Upload an export of a Moodle specific course that you exported from Moodle". It does not mean an Adapt 'course'.

Olav, take the zip file you got from the 'Download' button in Adapt, and then follow the instructions here: https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/SCORM_settings#Adding_a_SCORM_package to add it as a SCORM package to a Moodle course. If you haven't already, you will also need to create a Moodle course first (see: https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Adding_a_new_course#Adding_a_course)

In Moodle, a course is built out of one or more activities, and an activity can be a SCORM package like what Adapt creates or quizzes, or just plain HTML pages, or a variety of other things.

Picture of Olav Hahn
by Olav Hahn - Wednesday, 16 August 2017, 9:22 AM

Thanks a lot Mathew!

Your step-by-step guide worked perfectly. That was a great burden lifted from my shouldes. I think this thread may become helpfull for other "non-technical" guys :-) like me that wonder how to bridge adaptlearning content and moodle.

Thanks a lot guys.