Picture of Dawn Barker
Oracle PeopleSoft
by Dawn Barker - Thursday, 17 August 2017, 10:07 PM

Hi there! Just starting out with Adapt, using the Authoring Tool. I exported a test module, and had it uploaded to our LMS (Oracle PeopleSoft) and it simply does not work.

I used the Spoor plugin to create the SCORM, but it seems it isn't compatible. Any help that you can suggest would be very greatly appreciated - if we can't get Adapt courses working on PeopleSoft, we won't be able to use this great tool!

Thanks!

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Oracle PeopleSoft
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 18 August 2017, 9:15 AM

Hi Dawn

Be happy to help if you could provide a bit more information beyond 'it simply doesn't work' and 'it isn't compatible'.. that's not much to go on ;-)

I do know we've created content in Adapt for Oracle Learning Management before and those courses worked fine on desktop browsers.

(They didn't work on mobile devices but that was nothing to do with Adapt - at that time that LMS used Java for SCORM communication - and the Java plugin isn't supported on iOS or Android)

Picture of Dawn Barker
by Dawn Barker - Friday, 18 August 2017, 2:16 PM

Hi Matt -

This is the error we got while uploading: "The Save operation has failed. There exists a block or SCO with a missing title. A Block or Sco does not have a title".

When our IT department looked at it, he noted that while he can see the Adapt page on his end, none of the links worked. When he checked further, he noted the imsmanifest files are vastly different from those created in our previous LCMS, Claro. I've attached the files for courses in both types here.

Thanks again - sorry for being vague. Not being very tech-y, it's tough to know what to post. If there is another kind of file you need, or further info, I'll do my darnedest to get it for you.

Dawn

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 18 August 2017, 3:08 PM

Hi Dawn

the only think I think could be wrong is that the Adapt manifest uses CDATA tags around the various instances of the course title - this is so an Adapt course that's in a language other than English can have accented characters in the course title without invalidating the XML.

This is a perfectly valid thing to do but it's possible that your LMS is not handling it properly.

I've attached a version without the CDATA tags - give that a try instead.

Could you give a bit more detail about 'none of the links worked'? What links? In what way to do they not work?

Picture of Dawn Barker
by Dawn Barker - Wednesday, 23 August 2017, 1:10 PM

Thanks, Matt. The links I'd referred to were the built-in functionality that took the learner from one part of the course to another. After uploading the new zip file, it did work and we were able to upload the course. But when we launched it, the following errors and debug messages appeared.

Do you know what these might refer to?

Many thanks!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 29 August 2017, 11:37 AM

Yes, it says that the LMS is returning an invalid value of '' (empty string) for the field cmi.core.lesson_status.

If you look at the SCORM 1.2 documentation, the only six valid values for this data field are:

• not attempted (The LMS is responsible for setting the initial value to "not attempted")
  • browsed
  • incomplete
  • failed
  • completed
  • passed

It looks to me from the debug log above as if the LMS is not setting the status to 'not attempted' on first launch like it should.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 29 August 2017, 12:14 PM

I should say this looks to me like a bug at the LMS level that should be logged with Oracle but if you need to provide a temporary workaround have a look at this post.

Picture of Dawn Barker
by Dawn Barker - Tuesday, 5 September 2017, 8:12 PM

Hi Matt,

Our IT guy figured that part out - but now when I am trying to preview and export (with Spoor and Tutor enabled) it gives me error messages.

When I try preview it says "Error generating preview, please contact Administrator"

And when I try to export source code, it says "Course Export Failed. Internal Server Error: Command failed: grunt server-build:prod -- outputdir=courses/59826197037374d24095cf0c/59a48f1931536c99--theme=adapt-contrib-boxMenu:

I was supposed to have this complete and uploaded for preview today - and now I'm stuck. Any help you could provide would be really appreciated!!!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 5 September 2017, 9:38 PM

Hi Dawn

I'm not sure to be honest, I don't really use the authoring tool... strange when it was cleary doing all this fine before. Have you changed/updated anything?

Picture of Dawn Barker
by Dawn Barker - Wednesday, 6 September 2017, 2:01 AM

Hi Matt,

Thanks anyway. It is really strange. I haven't changed anything - and it does the same thing regardless of the course (I've tried it with a few). When I disable Spoor, I can view the course and export it - but not as a SCORM package. And when I put it back in, it stops working again. Very frustrating!