Picture of Martin Sandberg
Link directly into a block/component
by Martin Sandberg - Wednesday, 23 April 2014, 10:03 AM

Hi,

We are contemplating creating a companion module to several other courses in Adapt.

It will have a couple of pages with Articles/blocks and components and a normal menu. However, we would like to be able to link from another course directly to a certain part of a page in Adapt.

Is this possible to link directly into Adapt content?

BR,

Martin

Picture of Adam Laird
Re: Link directly into a block/component
by Adam Laird - Wednesday, 23 April 2014, 11:18 AM

you can of course link to a page so perhaps an old fashioned anchor would suffice for linking to a component within a page?

Picture of Daryl Hedley
by Daryl Hedley - Wednesday, 23 April 2014, 11:40 AM

Hey,

I haven't tested this but I wonder if using an anchor won't work because of the way it's a SPA (single page application)? I'd like to be able to have a route in the core router that enables scrolling to content but there's quite a big task to implement this due to plugins being able to hide and show content on a page.

Could definitely be something a plugin handles though.

Thanks,

Daryl

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 23 April 2014, 2:21 PM

This would be useful to add as then we'd be able to implement proper 'bookmarking' for SCORM...

Software Development Manager
by Charles Teague - Monday, 12 May 2014, 9:51 PM

Do you have Bookmarking on the roadmap?  If so, for which release scheduled when?

Software Development Manager
by Charles Teague - Monday, 12 May 2014, 10:40 PM

Bookmarking is already in the Adapt Authoring Requirements Mindmap for version W 0.1 of the Adapt Authoring Tool.  The sign off for this document is June 3, 2014 according to to the Requirements and Design Documentation Summary.

Requirements -> Adapt Authoring Tool -> Roadmap -> W 0.1 -> Content Creator -> tracking -> CCR-TRK-005: Able to toggle bookmarking (returning users to the location from where they exited the last session