Picture of Isabel Aparici
Preview and dowload problems
by Isabel Aparici - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 9:35 AM

Hi there! I'm creating my first Adapt course with the Authoring tool. When I try to preview it, an error message pops up (please see image attached). "Download" and "Export source code" don't work even (screenshots attached).

Spoor extension is working for the specified course.

Do you have any clue on what's not working? Any help will be really appreciated.

Best,

Isabel

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Preview and dowload problems
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 17 October 2017, 12:15 PM

As the first error says 'permission denied, mkdir' you should check the permissions on the folder it goes onto list. it's trying to create a folder there (that's what mkdir does) and it's failing due to lack of permissions.

I'm not too involved with the authoring tool side of the project but I think they stopped recommending the 'vagrant' version of the authoring tool some time ago by the way

by Isabel Aparici - Thursday, 19 October 2017, 8:42 AM

Hi Matt,

thanks for your quick replay. I gave witting permissions but unfortunately I did'nt work.

Maybe I have to consider a re-install of the authoring tool to avoid vagrant. Do you have any tutorial to do that change?

Best,

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 19 October 2017, 10:11 AM

Hi Isabel

The installation instructions can be found here: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Installing-the-Authoring-Tool

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 20 October 2017, 10:34 AM

If you're on Windows, you could also give Fabio's 'standalone' version of the authoring tool a try, it's REALLY easy to get set up! The only downside is that I think it's still running an older version of the authoring tool, though I believe he has plans to update it.

by Isabel Aparici - Friday, 20 October 2017, 11:18 AM

Hi Matt,

Nice tip! Many thanks. I'll let you know if it works.

Best,

by Isabel Aparici - Wednesday, 25 October 2017, 11:58 AM

Hi,

The standalone is a great idea! I run it in another PC but unfortunately it did not work when I tried to Preview and download. Please find attached the image error when I tried to export source code.

If you have any idea about it, it will be very useful.

Many thanks for your help.

Picture of Fabio Beoni
by Fabio Beoni - Sunday, 26 November 2017, 8:48 PM

Hello Isabel,

I read the error and I have the following question for you: has that PC NodeJS installed? If you have it already, I might know what can be the cause of the problem.

Please have a look to your "Control Panel / Uninstall Software", and check if "Node" is there.

Thanks, Fabio.