Picture of Martin Sandberg
Setting lesson status from code
by Martin Sandberg - Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 4:01 PM

Hi,

Haven't worked with Adapt for a while but now I have a special case where the customer wants to let the user have two attempts at an assessment (only thing in the SCO) and then no more.

Well configuring it so that you have two attempts and stay att "incomplete" works.

However you stay with status "incomplete" and can still enter the SCO, even if you can not do anything in the SCO.

The customer wants the SCO to send "failed" after the second failed attempt so that the user no loger can start the SCO. I can see no way to configure this...

I have code that figures out when to send lesson status "failed" in the assessment.js file. However I don't know how to make that call.

Maybe this is really obvious but it eludes me now so any help would be hugeley welcome...

/ Martin

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Setting lesson status from code
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 4:59 PM

Hi Martin

This is a bit of a known issue - we also think it should only set 'failed' once you have used up all your attempts - and that problem is documented here.

As mentioned in the ticket, we think the best solution would be to have the spoor extension check to see if all attempts have been used up before attempting to send a 'failed' status. Although I think that logic would be best added here.