Picture of Fabio Beoni
Adapt Authoring Standalone Launcher
by Fabio Beoni - Friday, 20 October 2017, 10:06 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to share with you a standalone launcher to easily install and run AdaptLearning Authoring Tool on your personal PC/laptop. I developed it for the need of the e-learning team a work with, and I thought it would be useful to someone else. 

The Adapt Authoring version included is the 0.2., I will include the 0.4 as soon as possible.

Your feedback is really appreciated ;)

Thanks, Fabio.

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adapt Authoring Standalone Launcher
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 20 October 2017, 10:36 AM

Hey Fabio, as I've mentioned already I think this is fantastic... SO easy to get up and running for anyone who just wants to give the AT a try or just needs to run it on their own computer rather than on a server. Thanks so much for sharing this!

Picture of Richard Stables
by Richard Stables - Friday, 20 October 2017, 2:00 PM

Thank you so much for this, I have been struggling with the AT install for days now (no two errors the same). This worked first time. Much appreciated! 

Picture of Fabio Beoni
by Fabio Beoni - Friday, 20 October 2017, 3:52 PM

Hi Richard,

thanks for you interest.

Please have a read to this conversation on the forum I'm having with Ted, who's reporting an issue related to moving source code of courses from one adapt install to others. It might be of your interest.

https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2412

Picture of Philip Roy
by Philip Roy - Saturday, 21 October 2017, 4:14 AM

Congrats from me also! I'd managed to get through a local install via command line, but the potential that a standalone launcher offers up for those struggling with that, is immense.

I had only just got Adapt going on my local machine, so was happy to uninstall everything and give your app a try...I had no issues at all. It will be great to see it updated to keep pace with the authoring tool releases.

Cheers,

Phil

Picture of Fabio Beoni
by Fabio Beoni - Saturday, 21 October 2017, 1:07 PM

Hi Philip,

thanks for your feedback.

Please let me share with you this post on the forum, where we talk about exporting/importing courses from/to Adapt AT https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2412#p10268 

The post is relevant to the use of the Standalone Launcher.

Thanks, cheers Fabio.

Picture of Serges Lemo
by Serges Lemo - Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 1:49 PM

Hello Fabio, this is a fantastic tool. I have been struggling for hours to install AT and this stand alone is my solution. However, after installing, I am unable to login with the email and password provided on the Git page "default admin user is available to login. User: admin@admin.com Password: admin" It says my username or password is incorrect. Could you help me find out how to login?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 3:18 PM

That's odd... I use this too and that username/password has always worked for me. Check you're not accidentally copying in any trailing spaces or similar?

Picture of Isabel Jordan
by Isabel Jordan - Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 3:51 PM

Worked out perfectly for me.

Many thanks again.

Picture of Serges Lemo
by Serges Lemo - Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 4:49 PM

I checked many times. Here is a screenshot of the error I am getting.