Picture of Paul Hilton
Re: Unable to complete WIN10 Installation of the Authoring Tool
by Paul Hilton - Sunday, 19 November 2017, 8:50 AM

I’m sorry I can’t help with window installation, if you really need to get cracking you might want to try a trial  one of the authoring tool developers.

We have one https://canstudios.com/adapt . You can sign up to right away for a free trial and export later if you want to move provider. Or you can check the other collaborators Listed on this site.

Hope this helps,

Paul.

Picture of Cameron Holmes
Re: Unable to complete WIN10 Installation of the Authoring Tool
by Cameron Holmes - Sunday, 19 November 2017, 12:05 PM

I'm piloting a project for an agency with around 12,000 people with diverse training needs. I've shown proof of concept with an authoring tool installation on Linux, but they are going to give me grief about that, so I'm trying to do the same installation on Windows 10. Like others, I have everything in place.

I have the following in place:

Git-Bash installed, and have used it where required.
git version 2.15.0.windows.1
node v6.11.5
npm -v 4.0.5
grunt-cli v1.2.0
ffmpeg version N-89073-gff8f40a630
Downloaded Community Server > Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit and later, with SSL support x64:
mongodb-win32-x86_64-2008plus-ssl-3.4.10-signed
MongoDB is up and running according to Task Manager, and I make sure it's running when running "node install"

Used: git clone https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring.git

Now, that said... In addition to the node install errors, there were warnings with "npm install":
npm WARN mongodb-core@1.2.21 requires a peer of kerberos@~0.0 but none was installed.
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: weak@1.0.1 (node_modules\weak):
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: weak@1.0.1 install: `node-gyp rebuild`
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Exit status 1

"Exit status 1" is pretty broad from what I've read. Could this be a "33" issue that needs the "hotmix" fix? I haven't got that error message "33" per se. 

This has to be really close. It seems as though the authoring tool can't find something it's expecting. 

Getting a Windows box running is imperative. Perhaps Windows 10 is too big a step from Linux? Windows 7 instead? Don't know. Any help or referral would be appreciated. 

--Thanks in advance.