Picture of Elliott  Gregg
Video not uploading into Assest Management
by Elliott Gregg - Thursday, 2 November 2017, 10:53 AM

Hi All, 

I am having issues uploading an MP4 video (or any video) into the Asset Management tab in my adapt set up. 

Once selecting Asset Mnagament > Add new Asset > choose file > select video.mp4 > put in title, description & tag > Save

The video then seems to upload, but once the loading bar reaches maximum, nothing else happens, and the video does then not appear in the tab at all. 

I have tried uploading Assets inside blocks and the same issue occurs (although there is a % load rather then a loading bar) 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Many Thanks, 

Elliott

Picture of Fabio Beoni
Re: Video not uploading into Assest Management
by Fabio Beoni - Thursday, 2 November 2017, 2:30 PM

Hi Elliot,

that was happening to me too, I could verify that the video was actually uploaded but the Assets library list didn't refresh.

If you are running the AT in your own PC, you may stop and run again the AT, then you may find the file. That happened to me.

Cheers, Fabio.

by Elliott Gregg - Thursday, 2 November 2017, 2:47 PM

Hi Fabio, thanks for your response. 

I have tried refreshing the page and tried on different browsers but still get the same result...

Picture of Cameron Holmes
by Cameron Holmes - Tuesday, 7 November 2017, 2:42 AM

Hi. Two things occur to me in the way of troubleshooting: If you're uploading, say, a 20MB mp4, you might instead try the smallest one you can find, and see if you have the same issue. You might also check to see if that asset is actually buried in your project folder and just not showing up correctly in Asset Mgmt.

Now, if you find that your mp4 is actually in a folder, but not showing up, then this could actually be related to my issue "No assets found."

by Elliott Gregg - Wednesday, 8 November 2017, 11:16 AM

Hi

I tried with a 1mb video and had no luck either. The video im trying to upload is only 3.63mb so it isnt huge by any means! 

I tried looking further to see if the video may be hiding, but had no luck either. 

Thanks for your reply though! 

Picture of Matthew Farra
by Matthew Farra - Wednesday, 8 November 2017, 4:02 PM

When I look at the javascript console when trying to upload an MP4 larger than 1024KB, the following error occurs: 

Is there a max file upload size restriction somewhere in the code that we could increase?

Thanks!

Picture of Oleg Buylov
by Oleg Buylov - Thursday, 14 December 2017, 8:43 PM

Hello everybody,
I ran into the same problem.
Did you find a solution to the problem?

Picture of Oleg Buylov
by Oleg Buylov - Tuesday, 19 December 2017, 8:33 AM

To fix the error, you need to add a directive to the Ngnix:

client_max_body_size 0;