Picture of Matthew Adams
Adapt Functional
by Matthew Adams - Wednesday, 15 November 2017, 11:00 PM

Hi Gang,

I recently came across a potential project where the cleint wants me to build some courses that teach coding that is similar in style to Code Academy or W3schools. Where basically the content is to the left, the ability to code in the center and the results on the right. As I have been reviewing this project the Adapt Framework came to mind, however I am not too sure if this is what I want to use in order to build it. I would love your feedback on how friendly the Adapt Framework would be in building this kind of course, or if anyone has had a project similar to this. I could just go ahead and code it all myself however I felt like asking the community here what they think

Thanks!

Matt

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Adapt Functional
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 16 November 2017, 10:05 AM

There's nothing available in the Adapt framework or any plugins that I know of to enable something like this.

You might be able to embed something like codepen.io within an Adapt page to give you the code editor part but checking what the user had done would be pretty tricky.

Adapt could of course be extended to do all this this, how possible that is depends on your level of technical skill - or your willingness to pay someone else to do it!