Picture of Antonia Newey
Complete Assessment
by Antonia Newey - Thursday, 16 November 2017, 1:25 PM

Hi, me again!

So my employer has strongly suggested that I use the authoring tool instead. I have now managed to install it and made some good headway on my project.

I do however have a couple of problems.

I have two assessments on my course (the course is really more of just a holding space, it's mostly about the tests) and I am using the trickle and assessment extensions and the assessment result component on both. Both of them can be done and marked, but I was wondering if there was anyway to make the final 'Finish' button after the assessment results component go somewhere or do something. At the moment it just extends the page ever so slightly (like it's done an automatic scroll from trickle).

Either that or just have the ability to add an extra button on the page to go 'home' or something. I understand that this can be done via the developer version, but I have been asked to use the authoring tool (and I'm just an intern so don't want to disagree!)

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide,

Antonia

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Complete Assessment
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 16 November 2017, 1:59 PM

Hi Antonia

Kineo's quicknav plugin allows you to put navigation buttons at the bottom of the page. Sounds like that's what you're after?

Picture of Antonia Newey
by Antonia Newey - Thursday, 16 November 2017, 2:42 PM

Hi Matt,

I had actually previously tried the quicknav plugin, but couldn't quite get it to work so I deleted it. I installed it via uploading the .zip file in the plugin manager, waited a while until it came up in the component list, but when I click on it and choose the alignment it just clicks off without adding it as a component. 

I had hoped there would be a different way to do it because of that, but if you or anyone could help me get the plugin working instead I'd also be very grateful!

Kind Regards,

Antonia

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 17 November 2017, 6:33 PM

Hmm I just tried too and I couldn't even get it to upload via the plugin manager!

We did a big refactor of this recently to change it from an extension to a component, I guess something has gone wrong there. I've logged a ticket for someone to have a look, if you can please add a comment to the ticket with further details about your issue e.g. what version of the authoring tool you're running, any screenshots that might prove useful etc.

In the meantime you could try the old version.

Picture of Antonia Newey
by Antonia Newey - Sunday, 19 November 2017, 12:43 PM

Thank you! I'll do that.