Picture of Hyderabad Sunrisers
When I run $grunt build my changes are undone
by Hyderabad Sunrisers - Saturday, 26 April 2014, 10:43 PM

Hi Guys,

I am working through the documentation on the github page.

I have created a course 'test1' and I have it open and running correctly in my browser.

I also have one git terminal window open which runs the server, and then I have opened one additional git terminal at the location of my course (/test1)

Now I make changes to contentObjects.json and add another object. If I just refresh the browser window without re-building the course, then I can see my new object there on the page.

However, as soon as I $grunt build again in my seconf terminal window, all my changes are undone, and the files in my course reverts back to the original files that I checked out, ie the sample course.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Picture of Daryl Hedley
Re: When I run $grunt build my changes are undone
by Daryl Hedley - Sunday, 27 April 2014, 8:16 AM

Hey,

It sounds like you're changing filea in your build folder. You should never touch anything in your build folder. Instead please edit the src folder JSON files.

I would also suggest running: '$ grunt watch' instead of: '$ grunt build' everytime you make a change. As '$ grunt watch' will watch of changes to your src files and run an optimised version of '$ grunt build' - so you don't have to come back to your terminal each time you make a change.

let me know if you're still experiencing problems.

thanks,

Daryl