Picture of James Yorke
Newbie help - how to install extensions
by James Yorke - Wednesday, 22 November 2017, 10:07 PM

Hi all, I'm back and determined to get to grips with the Authoring Tool but cant seem to work out how to install extensions.

I'm trying to install this https://github.com/KingsOnline/adapt-article-background

but I cant get the zip file to upload via the plugin upload and couldn't find the answer via a forum search so could someone explain in easy steps what I need to do please?

Thanks

James

Picture of John Niezen
Re: Newbie help - how to install extensions
by John Niezen - Thursday, 23 November 2017, 7:20 AM

Hi James,

For the community to trouble shoot better they need more details, like on which OS, which AT and FW versions you have.

I have read similar issues on MacOS where the zip format was not as expected. Hence the detail request.

Picture of James Yorke
by James Yorke - Thursday, 23 November 2017, 9:11 AM

Thanks John and fair point on details!

Actually sorted this for the plug in I had to change a line of the code from version 2.00 to version 3.00 for the authoring tool and then it installed fine and seems to work ok.

Just for the record I'm on pc, windows 10 with authoring tool 3.00

Cheers

James

Picture of John Niezen
by John Niezen - Thursday, 23 November 2017, 9:28 AM

Great you got it working. Carry on Adapting :-)

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 23 November 2017, 11:20 AM

Hi James

The current version of the Authoring Tool is 0.4.0 - I wonder if you might be getting the authoring tool and framework mixed up as the framework is just on the point of moving to 3.0.0

We haven't actually released 3.0.0 yet so you're probably safest sticking with the 'legacy' branch for now as that's our most recent 'official' release - v2.2.3 is based on that (in fact is identical to it). You also won't have to make the kinds of changes that you mention above.

When doing $ adapt create course, just type legacy when it asks you what branch you want to use.

Picture of James Yorke
by James Yorke - Thursday, 23 November 2017, 1:44 PM

Hi Matt that's interesting I wonder where I got 3.0.0 from - I'm sure I saw it in a CMD window when running it after install last night thought looking at the install notes I took your of course right it was 2.2.3

Really want to get to grips with Adapt, I dabbled before but only via framework which I really enjoyed even if it did push my technical knowledge some.

thanks for input on this thread, very helpful and interesting

Picture of James Yorke
by James Yorke - Thursday, 23 November 2017, 8:28 PM

Matt, back at home and checked my install of AT - looks like the framework is 3.0 and I cant get any plugins etc to work - any ideas how to get 2.3 rather than 3?

Thanks

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 30 November 2017, 2:02 PM

Hi James

There's a discussion about exactly this going on here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2508