Picture of Chris Gillison
PLEASE HELP! Courses not sending assessment score back to client's LMS
by Chris Gillison - Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 10:04 AM

Hi everyone,

My Adapt courses are not sending the assessment score back to the LMS. My client's LMS provider Kallidus has tested the course and said:

Even though I'm given a score in the content, I'm running a SCORM trace but can never see the content sending back a score. I only ever see it send back bookmarking data and the time I've spent in the content.

Please could someone help as this affects all 3 courses I've supplied to them and they're understandably not very happy.

Many thanks in advance.

Chris

Re: PLEASE HELP! Courses not sending assessment score back to client's LMS
by Chris Gillison - Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 10:22 AM

Darn it.

I'm guessing "_shouldSubmitScore": false in the config.json isn't helping. Am I right?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 10:43 AM
by Chris Gillison - Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 10:58 AM

Thanks Matt.

Yep, that was set to "true". I've done a quick test in Moodle and all seems to be working as expected. I feel like an idiot.

I did discover something else doing the test that I was a bit unhappy with though. I uploaded a new course to my Moodle LMS, went straight to the assessment and passed it, closed the course to check the score was saved. It was. Great.

However, I then reopened the course and completed all the sections up to (and not including) the assessment, so all completion indicators were full, then closed the course. The Moodle course completion indicator was still showing as 'Started not Complete'. I could only get the 'Completed' indicator if I went back in and re-passed the assessment.

This doesn't seem right. Is this some weird anomaly with Spoor's "_requireCourseCompleted" or the assessment's "_isResetOnRevisit" (or both)?

Cheers.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:00 PM

Yes I can't stress enough the importance of doing your own SCORM testing before delivering to the client..!

Perhaps when you went back in, it reset the assessment? I'm afraid it's one of those things that's really hard to debug via this medium!