Picture of Gary Chan
Unable to view online learning module
by Gary Chan - Friday, 15 December 2017, 12:15 PM

Hello

I’m trying to view an online learning module that was developed by adapt learning, I can access the module (https://learning.wales.nhs.uk/mod/scorm/view.php?id=4405) from a computer but not from an iPad. I suspect that it uses flash so doesn’t work on iPads but can anyone confirm this or is there another way of viewing this module on an iPad?

Thanks

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Unable to view online learning module
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 18 December 2017, 2:44 PM

Hi Gary

Learning content produced using Adapt does not use Flash unless if you're running IE8 and are viewing a course that contains video or audio. This is because IE8 doesn't support HTML5 video/audio so it's therefore necessary to play it using a Flash (or Silverlight) based media player instead.

Picture of Gary Chan
by Gary Chan - Thursday, 25 January 2018, 4:10 PM

Hi Matt

The learning content does contain both video and audio, so therefore it must be using Flash or Silverlight?? However iOS devices aren't able to play Flash or Silverlight, is there an app that can be used to play this content or can this content be recreated so its compatible with iOS devices?

Thanks

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 25 January 2018, 5:49 PM

Hi Gary

To reiterate:

Learning content produced using Adapt does not use Flash unless you're running IE8 and are viewing a course that contains video or audio

Perhaps it would help if you could explain in more detail about how exactly it 'doesn’t work on iPads'?

Picture of Gary Chan
by Gary Chan - Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 5:16 PM

Hi Matt

When I log onto https://learning.wales.nhs.uk and navigate to All Wales Academy for Local Government > I am a Councillor > Corporate Parenting (Councillor Development) > Corporate Parenting Online Module and click enter to start the module, the page opens up in a different tab in the web browser but I’m unable to click on any of the slides on an iOS device. However I can click and go through all the slides when opening this on a Windows 7 computer using IE 11.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 21 February 2018, 6:19 PM

It looks like the LMS in question is Moodle, it's therefore likely to be displaying the course in an iframe which causes problems with responsive content like Adapt on iOS as documented here and here.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 22 February 2018, 5:36 PM

Hi Gary

Apologies if I have got the wrong end of the stick here, but when you say:

I’m trying to view an online learning module that was developed by adapt learning

It makes it sound like you are under the impression that the course you're having problems with was developed by the Adapt Learning organisation.

If so, that's definitely not the case. The Adapt Learning organisation does not itself create any e-learning courses, rather it develops and maintains the software that is used by other people/organisations to develop content.

As such, if you are seeking support for a course that was developed by someone else then this is not the right place for getting that support.

If, however, you are the course developer then you're in the right place for support!

Picture of Gary Chan
by Gary Chan - Friday, 16 March 2018, 4:58 PM

Yes I was under the impression that Adapt Learning developed the module but obviously not, so I'll try and find out who developed the module! Thanks for the info Matt

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Friday, 16 March 2018, 5:33 PM

Heh no problem at all Gary -  I'll ask in the chat rooms to see if anyone there knows anything about it.