Picture of Nanda Kishore MATHA
New Adapt User - Quick Help
by Nanda Kishore MATHA - Tuesday, 19 December 2017, 5:51 AM

Hi 

I am new to adapt and have installed adapt authoring on my system successfully. I am able to view and edit the course. I have few questions, can anyone help me please.

1. Is there are any graphical UI to create/view/edit these courses? I have seen adapt learning pool however when I tried to sign up, I didn't receive any emails/ confirmation messages and no support form customer service team.

2. does adapt support different languages? is there any auto translation available? 

Thanks in advance for the help.

Picture of Paul Hilton
Re: New Adapt User - Quick Help
by Paul Hilton - Tuesday, 19 December 2017, 9:12 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the community. I'll try to answer your questions...

1. As far as I know, Can Studios have the only visual page editor (Disclaimer - I work there) you can see it here https://canstudios.com/adapt-authoring-tool/adapt-support/support-videos/#preview-editor (you are welcome to take a free trial, its automatic sign up so you shouldn't have any issue waiting for a response) though it does not offer complete coverage, it does allow you to create pages, articles, blocks, as well as text, image and mcq content. It is a plug in to the main authoring tool, so you can still build other content into your course in the normal way.

2. The framework does support multiple languages. However the authoring tool does not current support this though I know it is on the road map. In the mean time, there is documentation on how to use this on the Adapt wiki, so you could export your course from the authoring tool and follow this process. 

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Course-Localisation

Hope this helps,

Paul.

by Nanda Kishore MATHA - Tuesday, 19 December 2017, 11:24 AM

Thank you so much Paul.

1. This is what I am looking for. 

2. Thank you for your help on languages as well. I am going to explore more on this.

You made my day!

by Nanda Kishore MATHA - Thursday, 21 December 2017, 5:31 AM

Hi Paul,

Is there a way to import an existing course to the dashboard. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.